The Division of Health Care Management is seeking an Finance & Program Monitor, under the direction of the Finance and Reinsurance Administrator, this position is responsible for the oversight of all quarterly and annual financial reporting for all programs that AHCCCS monitors, the oversight of all deliverables submitted to the DHCM Finance unit by the Health Plans and monitoring of Performance Bond requirements for all programs. All internal financial reporting to include Financial Summary reports for ACC/ACC-RBHA and ALTCS, Medical Expense reports, CRI Plan reporting, Premium Tax reporting. External financial reporting to include MLR and Enrollment reporting to CMS, and updates to Financial Reporting Guides and templates for the AHCCCS Contractors.
Algorithm calculation, enforcement of financial related contract requirements, review and analysis of equity distribution requests, implementation and monitoring of financial policies, procedures and rules for Health Plans. Participation in Requests for Proposal as needed, preparing and/or reviewing financial information support and analysis for the AHCCCS actuarial unit for all programs, research and interpretation of various administrative rules, policies and laws (both State and Federal) and determination of the financial impact on the Health Plans. Oversight of the Financial Consultant staff and Reinsurance.
• Administrative policies and procedures, rules, and Medicare and Medicaid cost and reimbursement guidelines
• Managed care services contract provisions; managed care concepts, managed care organization's operating environment, business practices, the internal and external influences on that environment and the support, administration and financing of the managed care delivery system
• Techniques, tools, procedures and methods to monitor the ongoing financial positions of the Health Plans
• Health care programs and principles and models of prepaid health programs
• Accounting (including accounting systems and financial tracking systems), financial reporting, financial auditing techniques and practices, and financial analysis
• Extensive knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), Generally Accepted Auditing Standards(GAAS) and Federal 0MB requirements
• Auditing skills
• Project management skills
• Financial statement review and analysis skills
• Organizational skills that result in prioritization of multiple tasks
• Effective management and supervisory skills
• Effective interpersonal skills
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Excellent Excel skills
• Work independently
• Multi-task in a fast-paced environment, reprioritizing as needed
• Masters level degree in business or C.P.A. preferred.
• Combination of five years experience with financial statement preparation or review and auditing experience in managed health care
health programs environment preferred.
• Successfully complete the Electronic Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify), applicable to all newly hired State employees.
• Successfully pass fingerprint background check, prior employment verifications and reference checks; employment is contingent upon completion of the above-mentioned process and the agency’s ability to reasonably accommodate any restrictions.
• Travel may be required for State business. Employees who drive on state business must complete any required driver training (see Arizona Administrative Code R2-10-207.12.) AND have an acceptable driving record for the last 39 months including no DUI, suspension or revocations and less than 8 points on your license. If an Out of State Driver License was held within the last 39 months, a copy of your MVR (Motor Vehicle Record) is required prior to driving for State Business. Employees may be required to use their own transportation as well as maintaining valid motor vehicle insurance and current Arizona vehicle registration; however, mileage will be reimbursed.
Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are:
• 10 paid holidays per year
• Paid Vacation and Sick time off (13 and 12 days per year respectively) - start earning it your 1st day (prorated for part-time employees)
• A top-ranked retirement program with lifetime pension benefits
• A robust and affordable insurance plan, including medical, dental, life, and disability insurance
• Participation eligibility in the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (must meet qualifications)
• RideShare and Public Transit Subsidy
• A variety of learning and career development opportunities
• Opportunity to work 100% virtually or remotely on an ad-hoc basis (home office)
By providing the option of a full-time or part-time virtual/remote work schedule, employees enjoy improved work/life balance, report higher job satisfaction, and are more productive. Remote work is a management option and not an employee entitlement or right. An agency may terminate a remote work agreement at its discretion.
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
Lifetime Pension Benefit Program
• Administered through the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS)
• Defined benefit plan that provides for life-long income upon retirement.
• Required participation for Long-Term Disability (LTD) and ASRS Retirement plan.
• Pre-taxed payroll contributions begin after a 27-week waiting period (prior contributions may waive the waiting period).
Deferred Retirement Compensation Program
• Voluntary participation.
• Program administered through Nationwide.
• Tax-deferred retirement investments through payroll deductions.
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by emailing email@example.com.
Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.
ARIZONA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (AMS)
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results.
State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service.
The State of Arizona is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.