We have an excellent opportunity for a Financial Analyst to join our Business and Finance team. The Financial Analyst will be a Subject Matter Expert (SME) and Model Builder for the financial budgeting and planning software platform, Anaplan. Anaplan is a commercial, cloud-based financial planning software used by the Agency for budgeting, forecasting and long-range planning of fiscal resources. This role will be responsible for maintaining existing reports and modeling within Anaplan as well as designing and implementing future use case solutions. The position will have a detailed understanding of the business processes and data sources which impact the information within the tool.
• Maintain existing models and processes within the Anaplan environment.
• Utilize reports from Anaplan and other relevant sources to perform various financial analysis in collaboration with the Budget, Grants and other Business and Finance Teams.
• Identify, establish and oversee relevant KPIs associated with financial reporting and monitoring. Create and maintain relevant data quality processes, procedures and documentation. Perform continuous improvement activities to optimize current financial models and identify opportunities to convert current state processes, spreadsheets and reports to Anaplan.
• Perform continuous improvement activities to optimize current financial models and identify opportunities to convert current state processes, spreadsheets and reports to Anaplan.
• Design and implement solutions through opportunities identified into multidimensional Anaplan models and related process. Participate in data integration solutions.
• Perform other budget or grants processes in a backup capacity during periods of high volume or to augment Budget or Grants team staff coverage
• Knowledge of developing systems requirements, designing, prototyping, testing, training and defining support procedures
• Ability to collaborate effectively and work well with internal teams
• Ability to establish procedures for relevant technical and business processes; Research, analyze, compile, and effectively report on complex financial data
• Ability to perform difficult analytic work; train users and write and speak with clarity and effectiveness
• Skills in application of budgeting spend management and accounting methods and techniques
• Project management ability; creating/collecting metrics and measuring team performance
• A four-year bachelor’s degree with a preference for degree emphasis in accounting, finance, information systems, or computer science and 3 years professional work experience.
• Advanced knowledge of Excel and database modeling
• Must be highly organized and analytical
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Customer centered mindset and approach in providing solutions
• Proven track record with delivering excellence with a results-oriented mindset
Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are:
· 10 paid holidays per year
· Accrual of sick and annual leave beginning at 12 and 13 days per year respectively for full-time employees
· A top-ranked retirement program with lifetime pension benefits
· A robust and affordable insurance plan to include medical, dental, life, short-term and long-term disability
· An incentivized commuter club and public transportation subsidy program
· We promote the importance of work/life balance by offering workplace flexibility
· We offer a variety of learning and career development opportunities
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
ASRS Lifetime Pension Benefits
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by contacting HPO@azdeq.gov.
Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.
ARIZONA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (AMS)
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results.
State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service.
The State of Arizona is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.