Address: 2910 N. 44th St., Ste. 410
Phoenix, AZ 85018
Salary: $50,000 - $56,800
PLEASE APPLY DIRECTLY ON OUR WEBSITE FOR THIS POSITION.
PLEASE APPLY ON OUR WEBSITE. You will be able to upload your resume, unofficial transcripts, and cover letter explaining how your skills are a good fit for the position.
Be part of a collaborative team working with complex financial information and helping Arizona governments be more accountable. You will be working on financial and compliance audits, applying the AICPA’s generally accepted auditing standards, Government Auditing Standards, and other federal auditing requirements. Those audits will be over state agencies, counties, universities, and community college districts. If you are ready to make a positive difference through your work by improving government accountability, join us!
Financial Audit Division auditors assist in conducting financial and compliance audits of state agencies, counties, universities and community college districts following the AICPA's generally accepted auditing standards, the U.S. GAO's Government Auditing Standards, and other federal auditing requirements. We express opinions on financial statements and issue reports on internal control and compliance.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, employees currently work a hybrid in-person/telecommuting schedule. This schedule is subject to change. Additionally, the Office has implemented safety guidelines and protocols to help ensure everyone’s safety.
• Researching standards, best practices, laws and regulations, and other applicable resources.
• Gaining an overall understanding of the auditee.
• Evaluating auditees’ internal controls, such as reviewing policies and procedures,
observing control procedures, and conducting interviews with auditee management and
• Determining auditees’ compliance with laws, regulations, and other applicable standards.
• Understanding and evaluating auditees’ essential IT systems and controls and verifying
and analyzing data.
• Preparing and assisting in reviewing audit documentation that supports audit results and
provides sufficient and appropriate audit evidence to support audit objectives, opinions,
findings, and recommendations.
• Drafting and editing audit findings to adhere to professional standards and the Office’s
• Communicating progress on audit work being conducted and issues that arise to other team
members, including seniors, manager, and director, as necessary.
• Accepting and responding to supervisor and manager feedback in a positive and timely
Depending on your experience, you could be hired as either a:
Financial Auditor I:
$50,000 (Bachelor's degree)
$53,000 (Master's degree, CPA certification, or 150 qualifying credit hours in accordance with the Arizona Board of Accountancy)
Financial Auditor II:
$53,800 (Bachelor's degree)
$56,800 (Master's degree, CPA certification, or 150 qualifying credit hours in accordance with the Arizona Board of Accountancy)
• Availability for limited travel to conduct out-of-town audits at certain times during the year.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Working knowledge of Windows and Microsoft Office software, including Word, Excel, and Access.
Preferred: Master’s degree or at least 150 semester hours, with a minimum of 36 completed semester hours of accounting, or CPA license.
Bachelor's degree, with 24 completed semester hours of accounting and a minimum 3.0 GPA in accounting classes.
Please apply on our website. You will be able to upload your resume, unofficial transcripts, and cover letter explaining how your skills are a good fit for the position.
The Arizona Auditor General offers a comprehensive benefits package to include:
• Generous vacation with 10 paid holidays per year and paid sick leave
• Health, dental, and vision insurance
• Retirement plan with 100% employer match
• Life insurance and long-term disability insurance
• Optional short-term disability insurance, deferred compensation plans, and supplemental life
• Flexible work schedules, including telecommuting options
• Business casual dress code
• Continuing education and path to advancement
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
Arizona State Retirement System
If you have any questions, please contact Beth Entringer at 602-553-9854 or email@example.com for assistance.
ARIZONA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (AMS)
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results.
State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service.
Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.