Remote Work: This position is eligible for part-time/full-time remote work (including virtual office arrangement). Must reside in the State of Arizona.
OPEN TO CURRENT AHCCCS EMPLOYEES ONLY
The Division of Member and Provider Services (DMPS) is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as a Financial Eligibility Supervisor (Program Services Evaluator 4) for the ALTCS Tucson office. This position directly supervises staff responsible for completing or supporting eligibility determinations for the Arizona Long Term Care System (ALTCS), Supplemental Security Income-Medical Assistance (SSI-MAO), Medicare Savings (MSP) and specialty categories programs in an office, virtual, and/or call center environments. Major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Interpret and apply policies, procedures, rules and regulations and provide staff with guidance and direction. Look for performance trends and implement necessary corrective action plans for staff. Review customer cases and handle escalated cases. Provide internal and external customer service. Monitor workloads, call volumes, coverage and reassign tasks as needed. Provide staff with continuous learning opportunities.
• Supervise staff: complete 1 on 1 conferences (no less than monthly) and required evaluations. Monitor employee performance and ensure that identified issues are addressed timely. As issues are identified they are managed up. Ensure that staff are meeting all productivity, quality, and timeliness measures. May include customer service quality reviews. Approve training and leave requests.
• Attend meetings, training and conferences. Conduct and facilitate continuous learning and information sharing discussions. This could be in an individual or group setting. These meetings may be held in person, telephonically or via video conferencing.
• Foster teamwork and collaborative efforts through employee engagement strategies. Employ the use of mentoring with direct reports and for self-improvement.
• Continually support agency and division missions and values. Champion and facilitate AMS in unit and provide guidance, insight and support to the lag and lead goals at the operational level.
• Federal, State and agency statutes, rules and regulations applicable to area of assignment
• Assessing, maintaining, reviewing and analyzing database information
• Computer applications in word processing, spreadsheets, presentations, and email applications; Microsoft, Google. Proprietary state applications in eligibility and healthcare programs to include HEAplus, PMMIS, DocuWare, AZTEC and RightFax.
• Developing and presenting related instructional materials
• Supervision, training and motivation of staff
• Ability to prioritize, assign and review work
• Must have a high school diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (G.E.D).
• Arizona Driver License.
• As determined by the Agency, some positions may be required to successfully complete a training program and/or pass a test appropriate to area of assignment.
• Some positions require fluency in a designated language.
• At least six months of work experience equivalent to a Program Services Evaluator (e.g., interviews and determines eligibility for public assistance benefits); OR two years of supervisory experience in a government, finance, insurance or health care environment.
• Successfully complete the Electronic Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify), applicable to all newly hired State employees.
• Successfully pass fingerprint background check, prior employment verifications and reference checks; employment is contingent upon completion of the above-mentioned process and the agency’s ability to reasonably accommodate any restrictions.
• Travel may be required for State business. Employees who drive on state business must complete any required driver training (see Arizona Administrative Code R2-10-207.12.) AND have an acceptable driving record for the last 39 months including no DUI, suspension or revocations and less than 8 points on your license. If an Out of State Driver License was held within the last 39 months, a copy of your MVR (Motor Vehicle Record) is required prior to driving for State Business. Employees may be required to use their own transportation as well as maintaining valid motor vehicle insurance and current Arizona vehicle registration; however, mileage will be reimbursed.
Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are:
• 10 paid holidays per year
• Paid Vacation and Sick time off (12 and 13 days per year respectively) - start earning it your 1st day (prorated for part-time employees)
• A top-ranked retirement program with lifetime pension benefits
• A robust and affordable insurance plan, including medical, dental, life, and disability insurance
• Participation eligibility in the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (must meet qualifications)
• RideShare and Public Transit Subsidy
• A variety of learning and career development opportunities
• Opportunity to work 100% virtually or remotely on an ad-hoc basis (home office)
By providing the option of a full-time or part-time virtual/remote work schedule, employees enjoy improved work/life balance, report higher job satisfaction, and are more productive. Remote work is a management option and not an employee entitlement or right. An agency may terminate a remote work agreement at its discretion.
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
Lifetime Pension Benefit Program
• Administered through the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS)
• Defined benefit plan that provides for life-long income upon retirement.
• Required participation for Long-Term Disability (LTD) and ASRS Retirement plan.
• Pre-taxed payroll contributions begin after a 27-week waiting period (prior contributions may waive the waiting period).
Deferred Retirement Compensation Program
• Voluntary participation.
• Program administered through Nationwide.
• Tax-deferred retirement investments through payroll deductions.
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by emailing email@example.com.
Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.
ARIZONA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (AMS)
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results.
State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service.
The State of Arizona is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.