The Division of Member and Provider Services (DMPS) is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as a Program Services Evaluator 3 (Grade 16); working title is Financial Eligibility Specialist. This is a Statewide recruitment for various Office locations within Arizona. Candidates will be required to work in an office environment, in a call center-based environment, and/or in a virtual home environment depending on business needs and/or location. Either environment will require the PSE to provide customer service and process applications, changes and renewals, and will have data driven performance measures; and if applicable, call center level reporting and monitoring. Salary of $37,903/year. The State of Arizona strives for a work culture that affords employees flexibility, autonomy, and trust. Across our many agencies, boards, commissions, many State employees participate in the State’s Remote Work Program and are able to work remotely in their homes, in offices, and in hoteling spaces. All work, including remote work, should be performed within Arizona, unless an exception is properly authorized in advance. Major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Gather, verify and update financial information
• Use various computer-based programs to determine financial eligibility of applicants
• Interview customers in-person or over the phone, depending on work environment
• Manage a large dynamic caseload with productivity, timeliness and quality measurements
• Due to COVID-19 precautions work activities, to include training, will be in a virtual environment utilizing State equipment unless the employee does not have the required high speed internet capabilities of: an Internet connection with upload speeds of at least 3 Mbps and download speeds of at least 50 Mbps that is VPN capable.
• As part of the selection process, candidates will receive an email request to complete a testing and writing exercise within a required timeframe
• This position may offer the ability to work remotely, within Arizona, based upon the department’s business needs and continual meeting of expected performance measures.
• Due to COVID-19 precautions the recruiting process has been adjusted to meet the standard health guidelines outlined by the State. Interviews will be conducted virtually and may also be by way of video conference utilizing a platform like Google Meet/Hangouts or WebEx/Zoom.
• Email and computer usage
• Written and verbal communication
• Customer service skills
• Skilled in basic math
• Organize and prioritize
• Use logic and problem solving
• High school diploma or GED.
• Bilingual (Spanish) is a plus, but not required
• If you reside in Phoenix metropolitan area, you may be assigned to work in office at 801 E. Jefferson, Phoenix, Arizona.
• Successfully complete the Electronic Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify), applicable to all newly hired State employees.
• Successfully pass fingerprint background check, prior employment verifications and reference checks; employment is contingent upon completion of the above-mentioned process and the agency’s ability to reasonably accommodate any restrictions.
• Travel may be required for State business. Employees who drive on state business must complete any required driver training (see Arizona Administrative Code R2-10-207.12.) AND have an acceptable driving record for the last 39 months including no DUI, suspension or revocations and less than 8 points on your license. If an Out of State Driver License was held within the last 39 months, a copy of your MVR (Motor Vehicle Record) is required prior to driving for State Business. Employees may be required to use their own transportation as well as maintaining valid motor vehicle insurance and current Arizona vehicle registration; however, mileage will be reimbursed.
Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are:
• 10 paid holidays per year
• Paid Vacation and Sick time off (12 and 13 days per year respectively) - start earning it your 1st day (prorated for part-time employees)
• A top-ranked retirement program with lifetime pension benefits
• A robust and affordable insurance plan, including medical, dental, life, and disability insurance
• Participation eligibility in the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (must meet qualifications)
• RideShare and Public Transit Subsidy
• A variety of learning and career development opportunities
• Opportunity to work 100% virtually or remotely on an ad-hoc basis (home office)
By providing the option of a full-time or part-time virtual/remote work schedule, employees enjoy improved work/life balance, report higher job satisfaction, and are more productive. Remote work is a management option and not an employee entitlement or right. An agency may terminate a remote work agreement at its discretion.
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
Lifetime Pension Benefit Program
• Administered through the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS)
• Defined benefit plan that provides for life-long income upon retirement.
• Required participation for Long-Term Disability (LTD) and ASRS Retirement plan.
• Pre-taxed payroll contributions begin after a 27-week waiting period (prior contributions may waive the waiting period).
Deferred Retirement Compensation Program
• Voluntary participation.
• Program administered through Nationwide.
• Tax-deferred retirement investments through payroll deductions.
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by emailing email@example.com.
Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.
ARIZONA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (AMS)
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results.
State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service.
The State of Arizona is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.