The Arizona Department of Corrections, Rehabilitation & Reentry is seeking a detail-oriented and organized candidate. This position is responsible for recording the cost of newly-acquired fixed assets, tracking existing fixed assets, recording depreciation, and accounting for the disposition of fixed assets.
- Records fixed asset acquisitions and dispositions in the accounting system
- Assigns tag numbers to fixed assets
- Identifies fixed assets by looking at vendor files and reviewing accounts payable transactions
- Ensures timely and accurate transfer of account data to General Ledger
- Monitors and processes transactions on a daily basis
- Organizes and maintains fixed asset documentation for references
- Performs reconciliation of fix assets general ledger
- Checks for completeness and accuracy of fixed assets sub-ledger and month-end closing activities such as account reconciliations, journal entries, and adjustments
- Facilitates periodic physical counts of fixed assets
- Investigates the potential obsolescence of fixed assets and collaborates with team members to monitor asset disposals and movements
- Recommends fixed assets that should be disposed of to management
- Creates fixed asset related audit schedules and collaborate with auditors on their assignments
- Reviews and updates the detailed schedule of fixed assets and depreciation
- Represents the company during any audits by a government that involves fixed assets
- Generates reports for management
- Conducts analyses related to fixed assets as requested by management
- Recommends to management any updates to accounting policies related to fixed assets
- Drives on State business
- Performs other duties appropriate to the assignment
- Fixed asset software
- Fixed asset transactions from source to General Ledger
- Reference materials such as federal regulations, Arizona Revised Statutes, applicable agency manuals, and policies and procedures
- Strong accounting and analytical skills
- Personal computer software including Microsoft Office Suite and Google Suite
- Written and verbal communication
- Establishing and maintaining interpersonal relationships
- Meet schedules and deadlines
- Create reports from financial data and analysis results
- Interpret and communicate financial data
- Three (3) years of fixed asset accounting experience
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- Arizona Financial Information System (AFIS) experience
Requires possession of, and ability to retain a current, valid state-issued driver’s license appropriate to the assignment. Employees who drive on state business are subject to driver’s license record checks, must maintain acceptable driving records, and must complete any required driver training (see Arizona Administrative Code R2-10-207.12).
Employment is contingent on the selected applicant passing a background investigation.
We offer an excellent and affordable comprehensive benefits package to meet the needs of our employees:
- Vacation and sick days with 10 paid holidays per year
- Robust and affordable insurance plan to include medical, dental, life, short-term and long-term disability options
- Exceptional retirement program
- Optional employee benefits such as deferred compensation plans, credit union membership, and a wellness program
- An incentivized commuter club and public transportation subsidy program
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
Positions in this classification participate in the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS).
Enrollment eligibility will become effective after 27 weeks of employment.
Current ADCRR Employees: Consult with your respective Human Resources Liaison if you are in a different retirement plan than the one indicated above.
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by contacting 602-255-2430.
Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.
ARIZONA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (AMS)
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results.
State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service.
The State of Arizona is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.