1110 W. Washington St., Suite 500
Phoenix, AZ 85007
The Fleet Management Administrator is responsible for ensuring the safe and economical usage of fleet vehicles, planning, acquisition, maintenance, repair and disposal of fleet assets. In addition, this position will manage DFFM fleet staff.
• Provide guidance and oversight to fleet services. Keep current with the most updated practices for procurement and develop strategies to most effectively deploy vehicles to the Department. Ensure resources are allocated to areas appropriate for the economical and efficient operation of the Department's fleet needs.
• Monitors vehicle costing budgets and vehicle mileage reporting and receipt of mileage rate reimbursements to the motor pool to ensure sufficient funds are recouped to pay for vehicle operation and maintenance and replacement. Authorize vehicle repairs that support best fleet management practices.
• Monitor overall compliance with local, state, and federal requirements relating to the operation, disposal, preventive maintenance and management of fleet vehicles. Determines, manages and coordinates purchase of new fleet assets and processing assets for disposition.
• Coach and mentor DFFM Fleet Services staff to include performance monitoring and policy enforcement. Provide development programs and growth opportunities.
• Oversee risk claims cost evaluation based on vehicle status and assists with review or investigations of post incidents as needed.
• Coordinates with Procurement and serves as lead in contract development and procurement of fleet vehicles, up fit materials, and vehicle designs to provide the most effective field vehicles for the Department.
• Drive on State business.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Principles and practices of fleet operations, vehicle utilization, maintenance and management.
• State and federal statutes, rules, regulations, policies and procedures applicable to areas of assigned responsibility.
• Principles and practices related to organizational management, supervision, and employee training and development.
• Principles and practices related to purchasing and contract management.
• Methods and techniques of research and analysis.
• Methods and techniques to deliver excellent customer service.
• Monitoring and evaluating complex budgets; State procurement and accounts payable processes; State and federal funding eligibility.
• Data management and data analysis.
• Project Management.
• Team management.
• Employee development.
• Research and data analysis and interpretation.
• Written and oral communications.
• Developing and maintaining interpersonal relationships.
• Flexibility in adapting to changing priorities.
• Effectively manage staff.
• Develop and achieve personal, team, and organization goals.
• Communicate effectively with staff and upper management.
• Provide excellent customer service.
Experience in fleet management operations in a supervisory or management role.
A valid Arizona Driver's License. Employees who drive on state business are subject to driver's license record checks, must maintain acceptable driving records and must complete any driver training (see Arizona Administrative Code R2-10-207.12).
The Arizona Department of Administration offers a comprehensive benefits package to include:
Vacation with 10 paid holidays per year
Health and dental insurance
Life insurance and long-term disability insurance
Optional employee benefits include short-term disability insurance, deferred compensation plans, and supplemental life insurance
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
Positions in this classification participate in the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS).
Please note, enrollment eligibility will become effective after 27 weeks of employment.
If you have any questions please feel free to contact Lisa Ross at email@example.com
ARIZONA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (AMS)
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results.
State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service.
Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.