Pay Rate: $12.15 an hour
Opening Date: 10/29/2021
Closing Date: Open until filled
Arizona Pioneer’s Home has an immediate opening for an exceptional Food Services Worker II (FSW II). This is a non-supervisory position working under a Food Service Supervisor and under the guidance of a Food Service Manager, following all establish State and institutional guidelines, rules and laws. The FSW II will participate in basic food preparation, serving to resident’s, staff, and visitors. Additionally, cleaning of food service area following established methods and procedures.
• Preparing and serving attractive and nutritious, temperature maintained, resident meals
• Following daily menu plans
• Making acceptable substitutions both in the dining room and on infirmary carts
• Participating in maintaining a safe and sanitary work environment
• Cleaning dining room tables, food carts and related equipment
• May include some restocking infirmary ward refrigerators
• Participating in preparing basic quality food as directed by the food supervisor
• Adhering to standardized recipes, preparing methods, sanitation standards, under the guides of the food supervisor
• Other duties as assigned related to the position
• Methods and practices of institutional food service
• Rules and regulations of cleaning materials, methods and techniques to comply with sanitation and safety codes, and limitations placed by a special diet
• Preparing basic food products with minimal waste
• Operating various food service equipment
• Interpersonal communication on various levels to achieve positive outcomes
• Present attractive food in a timely manner
• Establish good working relationships
• Displaying interest in being a team player
• Read, write and speak the English language
• Valid AZ Food Handler’s Permit
• Level 1 Fingerprint Clearance Card required within 20 days of employment
The State of Arizona offers a comprehensive benefits package to include:
•Vacation with 10 paid holidays per year
•Health and dental insurance
•Life insurance and long-term disability insurance
•Optional employee benefits include short-term disability insurance, deferred compensation plans, and supplemental life insurance
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
•Positions in this classification participate in the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS).
•Please note, enrollment eligibility will become effective after 27 weeks of employment.
If you have any questions please feel free to contact Shawn McConnell at email@example.com for assistance.
ARIZONA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (AMS)
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results.
State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service.
The State of Arizona is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.