Pay Rate: $15.68 an hour
Closing Date: Open until filled
Arizona Pioneer’s Home has an immediate opening for an exceptional Food Services Worker II (FSW II). This is a non-supervisory position working under a Food Service Supervisor and under the guidance of a Food Service Manager, following all establish State and institutional guidelines, rules and laws.
The FSW II will participate in basic food preparation, serving to resident’s, staff, and visitors. Additionally, cleaning of food service area following established methods and procedures.
• Adhering to standardized recipes, preparing methods, sanitation standards, under the guides of the food supervisor
• Preparing and serving attractive and nutritious, temperature maintained, resident meals
• Participating in preparing basic quality food as directed by the food supervisor
• Making acceptable substitutions both in the dining room and on infirmary carts
• Participating in maintaining a safe and sanitary work environment
• Cleaning dining room tables, food carts and related equipment
• May include some restocking infirmary ward refrigerators
• Following daily menu plans
• Other duties as assigned
• Methods and techniques to comply with sanitation and safety codes, and limitations placed by a special diet
• Methods and practices of institutional food service
• Rules and regulations of cleaning materials
• Interpersonal communication on various levels to achieve positive outcomes
• Preparing basic food products with minimal waste
• Operating various food service equipment
• Read, write and speak the English language
• Present attractive food in a timely manner
• Displaying interest in being a team player
• Establish good working relationships
• Level 1 Fingerprint Clearance Card required within 20 days of employment
• Valid AZ Food Handler’s Permit
The State of Arizona offers a comprehensive benefits package to include:
• Optional employee benefits include short-term disability insurance, deferred compensation plans, and supplemental life insurance
• Life insurance and long-term disability insurance
• Vacation with 10 paid holidays per year
• Health and dental insurance
• Retirement plan
• Sick leave
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
• Positions in this classification participate in the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS)
• Please note that enrollment eligibility will become effective after 27 weeks of employment
If you have any questions please feel free to contact Arlene Seagraves at email@example.com for assistance.
ARIZONA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (AMS)
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results.
State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service.
The State of Arizona is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.