The Division of Health Care Management (DHCM) is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as an HC Financial Consultant. The position in the Division of Health Care Management- Data intelligence and Reporting Unit. The Successful candidate will be responsible for fiscal impact analysis on behalf of the Financial Review Committee. The Position will develop cost impacts of changes for inclusion in the capitation rates paid to manage care contractors and assist in other analysis. Major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Preparation of fiscal impacts and presentation of results to agency leadership (Financial Review Committee).
• Preparation of financial, encounter and any additional analysis to support the Data Intelligence and Reporting Unit and/or other units in the Division of Health Care Management (e.g., AHCCCS Actuarial Team), as needed.
• Assist the Pharmacy Director in preparing materials for Pharmacy and therapeutics Committee meetings, as needed.
• Health Care programs and principles and models of prepaid health programs.
• Knowledge of Financial Analysis Principles.
• AHCCCS/Administrative policies and procedures.
• Above average financial analysis and Excel skills.
• Project Management Skills.
• Work independently.
• Virtual Office.
• Finance, business, economics, policy, or data analysis degree.
• Experience with Medicaid managed health care programs preferred.
• Combination of four years’ experience with financial analysis or capitation rate setting required.
At AHCCCS, we promote the importance of work/life balance by offering workplace flexibility and a variety of learning and career development opportunities. Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are 10 paid holidays per year, accrual of sick and annual leave, affordable medical benefits and participation in the Arizona State Retirement Plan.
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by contacting 602-417-4497.
Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.
ARIZONA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (AMS)
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results.
State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service.
The State of Arizona is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.