Interested applicants should email their resume, a cover letter, a writing sample, and graduate and undergraduate transcripts to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line, "OSPB Grants Management Analyst Application".
Writing samples should not exceed five pages and may cover any topic. Unofficial copies of transcripts are sufficient.
You can expect to hear from OSPB to indicate whether we would like you to participate in an interview and case study (both can be done remotely).
Applications are accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis.
Please view more position information here.
The Office of Strategic Planning and Budgeting (OSPB) is seeking highly motivated and talented individuals to assist in making prudent fiscal decisions with both State and federal dollars.
Budget Analysts, Budget Analyst Forecasters, and Grants Management Analysts will perform analysis for the purposes of developing the Governor’s Executive Budget, contribute to strategic plans and monitor performance measures, assist the Governor and Executive leadership in policy development and implementation, and provide support on special projects for the Executive.
• Monitor and report on the progress of numerous programs by conducting monitoring activities, including on-site program reviews
• Perform presentations on projects conducted by Grants and Federal Resources Team to its partners and citizenry as required
• Collect and compile annual performance reports and financial quarterly reports from grant recipients
• Monitor the quality and timeliness of deliverables to ensure excellence in the services provided
• Advise grant recipients on requirements and compliance with State and federal laws and rules
• Develop grant program reporting criteria and complete reports to federal and State agencies
• Compose robust federal and State grant applications and rules for proper grant management
• Establish a comprehensive understanding of federal and State grant rules and regulations
• Collaborate with OSPB budget analysts to meet all grant-related State agency needs
• Analyze information surrounding business processes, policies, rules and statutes
• Provide grant training and assistance to sub-grantees and other agencies
• Coordinate and facilitate stakeholder meetings
• Master’s Degree in Public Administration, Business, Economics, Accounting, Finance, or related field; or, a Bachelor’s Degree in similar fields with 3-5 years’ experience in governmental budgeting, public finance, or a related area
The ideal candidate should:
• Have strong communication skills (includes writing, speaking, presentation and data visualization skills), particularly on technical matters
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) and comfortable navigating new software products and applications
• Display strong relational skills to regularly engage stakeholders within and external to the agency
• Be highly organized, driven, persistent, analytical, and detail-oriented
• Have the ability to work autonomously and in collaborative settings
• Have strong math skills and superior critical-thinking ability
• Employees who drive on state business are subject to driver’s license record checks, must maintain acceptable driving records and must complete any required driver training (see Arizona Administrative Code R2-10-207.12.)
• Requires possession of and ability to retain a current, valid state-issued driver’s license appropriate to the assignment
The State of Arizona offers a comprehensive benefits package to include:
• Optional employee benefits include short-term disability insurance, deferred compensation plans, and supplemental life insurance
• Life insurance and long-term disability insurance
• Vacation with 10 paid holidays per year
• Health and dental insurance
• Retirement plan
• Sick leave
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
• Positions in this classification participate in the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS)
• Please note that enrollment eligibility will become effective after 27 weeks of employment
If you have any questions please feel free to contact Bill Greeney at email@example.com.
ARIZONA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (AMS)
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results.
State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service.
The State of Arizona is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.