• Provide help desk support services to external and internal customers with the Grants Management Enterprise (GME) system and Grants Management related questions
• Work with the GME vendor to identify and resolve internal support items caused by system issues and other system related processes
• Identify, track, and seek out deficiencies within the GME system
• Research and facilitate a solution to correct them using Grants Management process and procedures
• Conduct testing on GME system processes and procedures
• Identify and correct issues found through testing through coordination with GME vendor
• Track and test any new GME system changes and enhancements and complete system audits; identify issues with recommendations for resolution
• Make recommendations to the Grants Management Technology Director of GME process and procedure changes and systematic enhancements within the GME system
• Assist Grants Management Technology Director with the assessment of new systems and/or processes by making recommendations as relating to Grants Management functions and policy and procedures
• Support and assist with GME reporting for agency leadership and program office personnel
• Maintain GME system procedures documentation and coordinate, implement, and maintain scheduled GME system audit
• Maintain and create all funding applications and any related procedures in the GME system
• Coordinate and facilitate the process for creating GME Funding Applications with program office personnel, recommending the most efficient system functionality
• Develop requirements for vendor(s), as applicable, based collaboration with program office personnel
• Coordinate, manage, and facilitate with the GME vendor and internal customers fiscal year end processes, including completion report updates in the GME system
• Work/coordinate with ADE Information Technology (IT) to ensure companion access system(s) support GME access and functionality as it relates to internal users
• In-state and out-of-state travel is required for this position
Please note: For those selected for interviews, skills assessments may be administered as part of the interview process.
• Working experience with Structured Query Language (SQL)
• Project management, practices and procedures
• Basic technical terms, software and practices as it relates to IT
• Business project management methods, procedures, and practices
• Basic methods and techniques of accounting and fiscal management
• Applicants must have an Associate’s degree in Business, Technology, or related field and/or progressive job-related experience
• Organizational skills that allow for multiple important projects to be managed simultaneously
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills that allow for technical information to be presented clearly to a non-technically oriented audience (system users)
• Interpersonal skills to effectively interact with supervisors, peers, and client personnel
• Advanced skill in using Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
• Mange multiple tasks and produce accurate and timely documents, reviews and reports
• Provide great customer service and technical support to internal and external customers
• Conduct research and use analytical processes to identify issues
• Apply creative thinking in developing situations
• Identify complex problems by conducting tests, gathering research, and information relative to a task
• Analyze and identify problems, reason logically, and draw valid conclusions in order to determine and implement an effective course of action
• Communicate effectively both written and verbally
• Review, edit, and evaluate written documents to produce quality products
• Work independently to perform assigned task
Preference will be given to those applicants with:
• Experience with GME and/or other systems applications, SharePoint, WordPress, Drupal, and basic HTML
• Experience with Power BI and/or other Business Tools
• Experience with grants management business rules, policy, and procedures and grants fiscal management
• Knowledge of grant related local, state, federal programs, resources, and regulations
• Position requires possession of and ability to retain a current, valid state-issued driver’s license appropriate to the assignment. Employees who drive on state business are subject to driver’s license record checks, must maintain acceptable driving records and must complete any required driver training (see Arizona Administrative Code R2-10-207.12.).
• Offers are contingent upon successful completion of all background and reference checks, required documents and, if applicable, a post-offer medical/physical evaluation.
ADE’s comprehensive benefits package includes:
• Affordable medical, dental, life, and short-term disability insurance plans
• Tuition reimbursement program available for education/professional development advancement
• Hybrid schedule (combination of telework and in-office) may be available for some job roles
• Top ranked retirement and long-term disability plans
• Deferred compensation plan
• Accrued sick leave and vacation leave
• Ten paid holidays per year
• Wellness plans
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
You will be required to participate in the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS) upon your 27th week of employment, subject to waiting period. On or shortly after, your first day of employment you will be provided with enrollment instructions and effective date.
The Arizona Department of Education is an EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer. During all phases of the selection process, people with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation, such as a sign language interpreter, by contacting the ADE Human Resources office at (602) 542-3186 or via e-mail at HumanResourcesGroup@azed.gov.
ARIZONA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (AMS)
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results.
State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service.
The State of Arizona is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.