This position provides training and technical support for internal and external customers within Grants Management Enterprise (GME) and other relevant systems, along with maintaining internal sites and external webpages. In-state and out-of-state travel is required for this position.
• Provide technical training for internal and external customers
• Develop and maintain department training materials and reference guides for GME and Grants Management process and procedures
• Provide technical support for internal and external customers within Grants Management Enterprise (GME) and other relevant systems
• Maintain internal sites and external webpages using Wordpress and basic Hypertext Markup Language (HTML)
• Provide reports and analyze training data and survey results
Please note: For those selected for interviews, skills assessments may be administered as part of the interview process.
• Training/webinar application(s) and tools (such as Blackboard)
• Adult education principles and techniques
• On-the-job and classroom training principles
• Developing training courses and materials based on policy and procedures, specializing in technical training
• Training principles and practices of effective training sessions in person and/or using webinar software
• Equipment and materials used in conducting training
• Applicants must have a Bachelor’s degree in business, education, communications, or a related field and/or a combination of training and experience relevant to the field
• Intermediate skill in using Microsoft Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Internet Explorer
• Intermediate skill in using Microsoft Excel (functions etc.)
• Training/webinar applications, software and tools to facilitate virtual training (e.g. Blackboard, WebEx, Prezi, Haiku Deck)
• Maintain internal training SharePoint site and external training webpage using WordPress and basic HTML
• Provide great customer service and technical support to internal and external customers
• Work within a team and collaborate to work effectively
• Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
• Organize/manage multiple priorities and projects coupled with the flexibility to quickly adapt to ever changing business needs
• Identify gaps and adapt training needs within the organization to develop reference guides
• Gather information to use in developing training courses and materials based on policy and procedures, grant specific information, and Uniform System of Financial Records (USFR)/Universal Grant Guidance (UGG)
• Create basic spreadsheets and graphs
• Conduct classroom setting training, workshops, virtual training, and seminars
• Identify the most relevant training facilitation tools, equipment, and software
• Ability to use video, audio, and other types of equipment to facilitate training
• Know when and how to conduct and facilitate interactive trainings for adult learners
Preference will be given to those applicants with progressive experience developing and facilitating training program including training materials and trainings for both internal and external customers
• Position requires possession of and ability to retain a current, valid state-issued driver’s license appropriate to the assignment. Employees who drive on state business are subject to driver’s license record checks, must maintain acceptable driving records and must complete any required driver training (see Arizona Administrative Code R2-10-207.12.).
• Offers are contingent upon successful completion of all background and reference checks, required documents and, if applicable, a post-offer medical/physical evaluation.
ADE’s comprehensive benefits package includes:
• Affordable medical, dental, life, and short-term disability insurance plans
• Tuition reimbursement program available for education/professional development advancement
• Hybrid schedule (combination of telework and in-office) may be available for some job roles
• Top ranked retirement and long-term disability plans
• Deferred compensation plan
• Accrued sick leave and vacation leave
• Ten paid holidays per year
• Wellness plans
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
You will be required to participate in the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS) upon your 27th week of employment, subject to waiting period. On or shortly after, your first day of employment you will be provided with enrollment instructions and effective date.
The Arizona Department of Education is an EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer. During all phases of the selection process, people with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation, such as a sign language interpreter, by contacting the ADE Human Resources office at (602) 542-3186 or via e-mail at HumanResourcesGroup@azed.gov.
ARIZONA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (AMS)
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results.
State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service.
Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.