The Graphic Designer will be responsible for developing graphic design for print and digital advertisements, website layouts, banners, promotional materials, outreach communication, exhibit labels, and providing other graphic design support as needed. Must be able to interpret written or spoken ideas and convert them seamlessly into images, layouts and other designs.
The Graphic Designer will work closely with supervisor to support overall marketing and communications strategy for the organization, will be responsible for ensuring all communications adhere to brand standards and must be able to effectively prioritize work and manage multiple projects.
The Graphic Designer will also be responsible for maintaining organization website (WordPress), and ensuring content updates are consistent with brand and internal policy. Remain current with commercial design/graphics trends and implement in daily work. Coordinate design production with print vendors and other outside production vendors.
• Provide comprehensive graphic design support to AHS organization through the development of print and digital advertisements, website layouts and banners, promotional materials, outreach communication, Facebook posts and exhibit labels
• Maintain and update AHS website as necessary, provide brand standard review and guidance for posts by other AHS individuals
• Coordinate design production with printers and outside vendors
• Ensure all external communications adhere to brand standards
• Other duties as assigned as related to the position
• Knowledge of marketing and social media best practices preferred
• Proficiency with software programs MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Google Docs, Sheets, and Slides
• Self-motivated, with strong problem solving skills and drive for results
• Proficiency with Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign programs
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Collaborative work style; works well with others
• Experience with both print and digital media
• Time management and organizational skills
• Accuracy and attention to detail
• Adaptive design eye and skill
• Experience with WordPress
• Creative and innovative
• The ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers with tact and diplomacy
• Ensure high standards of professionalism in all areas of responsibility
• The ability to remain current on commercial design/graphic trends
• The ability to effectively communicate both orally and in writing
• Bachelor's degree in graphic design, marketing or related discipline or equivalent experience preferred
• Must have or be able to obtain an Arizona's Driver License
• Must provide a cover letter when applying
The Arizona Department of Administration offers a comprehensive benefits package to include:
• Optional employee benefits include short-term disability insurance, deferred compensation plans, and supplemental life insurance
• Life insurance and long-term disability insurance
• Vacation with 10 paid holidays per year
• Health and dental insurance
• Retirement plan
• Sick leave
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
• Positions in this classification participate in the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS)
• Please note, enrollment eligibility will become effective after 27 weeks of employment
• If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Melba Davis at email@example.com or 520-617-1161 for assistance
ARIZONA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (AMS)
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results.
State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service.
The State of Arizona is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.