The Department of Economic Security, Division of Developmental Disabilities is seeking an experienced and highly motivated individual to join our team as a Habilitation Nurse 2. This position is responsible for:
• Assessing health needs and completing a nursing assessment of members with developmental disabilities; making a nursing diagnosis and submitting to designated departments.
• Participating in fact finding related medical issues; completing monitoring of medical care; monitoring medical administration systems; providing feedback.
• Noting orders and preparing reports for basic care, nursing assessments, and Individual Service Plans (ISPs).
• Completing utilization reviews on caseload and documenting on-going medical needs; submitting to designated departments; discharging and admission planning.
• Examining and analyzing medical records and charts to ensure quality care.
• Participating in the development of policies and procedures and related problem solving. Developing and providing education classes for staff.
• Other duties as assigned, as related to the position.
• Knowledge of nursing theory and practice particularly as related to Developmental Disabilities.
• Knowledge of Intermediate Care Facilities for Individuals with Intellectual Disabilities (ICF/ID) and State Licensing requirements.
• Knowledge of Title XIX federal regulations and licensing standards.
• Knowledge of Agency and Division State-Operated Services policy and procedures.
• Knowledge of member condition and medical/physical changing care needs.
• Knowledge of interdisciplinary team planning process.
• Knowledge of services offered in community, including primary health care providers and educational material resources.
• Knowledge of State Nurse Practice Act.
• Skills in nursing assessment (all skills allowed by scope of practice).
• Skills in providing appropriate treatment in emergency situations.
• Skills in making sound medical decisions.
• Skills in time management.
• Skills in interpersonal communication.
• Skills in providing formal instruction.
• Skills in developing, analyzing, and implementing treatment care plans.
• Ability to listen, observe, assess, and respond to medical emergencies.
• Ability to make independent decisions regarding member health concerns.
• Ability to present training material in a clear and precise manner.
• Ability to respond to medical issues/inquires in a professional manner.
• Ability to work with professional and non-professional staff to ensure health and safety of residents.
• Required at time of appointment: possession of a current license or temporary permit to practice as a registered nurse in the State of Arizona. Within six (6) months from date of hire, must possess of a current license to practice as a registered nurse in the State of Arizona.
• Successfully complete the Electronic Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify), applicable to all newly hired State employees.
• Successfully pass background and reference checks; employment is contingent upon completion of the above-mentioned process and the agency’s ability to reasonably accommodate any restrictions.
• Employee shall have a valid Level One fingerprint clearance card issued pursuant to Arizona Revised Statute 41-2758.07 in order to work with children and vulnerable adults.
• Candidates for this position shall be subject to a search of both the Child Protective Services Central Registry pursuant to A.R.S. 8-804 and the Adult Protective Services Registry pursuant to A.R.S. 46-459.
• The position will require the possession of and ability to retain a current, valid state-issued driver’s license appropriate to the assignment. Employees who drive on state business are subject to driver’s license record checks, must maintain acceptable driving records and must complete any driver training (see Arizona Administrative Code R2-10-207.12). Individuals may be required to use their personal motor vehicle.
We offer a competitive benefits package that is unmatched by the private sector and a culture that encourages team success and advocates for personal advancement.
-Affordable Health, Dental, Vision and Life and Disability Insurance
-10 holidays per year
-Paid Vacation and Sick time off - start earning it your 1st day
-Eligible to participate in the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (must meet qualifications)
-Contribute to, and participate in the Arizona State Retirement System
-Ride Share and Public Transit Subsidy
-Career Advancement Opportunities
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
State employees are required to participate in the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS), the State sponsored retirement contribution plan and the Long-Term Disability (LTD) program after a 27-week waiting period. The ASRS defined benefit plan provides for life-long income upon retirement. You will also have the option to participate in a voluntary deferred compensation program to take advantage of tax-deferred retirement investments.
On, or shortly after, your first day of work you will be provided with additional information about the available insurance plans, enrollment instructions, submission deadlines and effective dates.
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by contacting 480-536-2513. Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.
ARIZONA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (AMS)
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results.
State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service.
Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.