The Division of Health Care Management (DHCM) is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as a Health Care Financial Specialist. Under the direction of the Finance and Program Monitor, this position is responsible for oversight of all monthly, quarterly and annual financial reporting for assigned AHCCCS Health Plans.
• Review of Quarterly Financial Reporting
• Review of Annual Financial Reporting
• Preparation of Internal Financial Reporting
• Algorithm, Equity Distribution analysis, contract, policy, rule and law interpretation
• AHCCCS/Administrative policies and procedures
• AHCCCS managed care services contract provisions
• Health care programs and principles and models of prepaid health program
• Accounting, financial reporting, auditing and financial analysis
• Principles of accounting and financial reporting, GAAP and GASB
• Techniques, tools, procedures and methods to monitor the ongoing financial positions of the Health Plans
• Ability to work in a Virtual Office
• Masters level degree in business or C.P.A.
• Two-three years’ experience with managed health care programs
At AHCCCS, we promote the importance of work/life balance by offering workplace flexibility and a variety of learning and career development opportunities. Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are 10 paid holidays per year, accrual of sick and annual leave, affordable medical benefits and participation in the Arizona State Retirement Plan.
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by contacting 602-417-4497.
Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.
ARIZONA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (AMS)
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results.
State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service.
Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.