Phoenix, AZ 85012
This position preforms basic housekeeping and laundry services for the Arizona State Veterans Home-Phoenix, a nursing facility. Ensures that duties are performed in compliance with established regulatory guidelines, as well as facility policies and procedures.
- Cleans and sanitizes assigned work areas (e.g., Veteran/Member rooms, bathrooms, tub rooms, Veteran/member living areas, dining rooms, nurses’ stations, public areas, offices, halls, laundry rooms, conferences room etc.) Empties trash. Cleans and sanitizes restrooms and replenishes supplies. Clean and sanitize wheelchairs. Does emergency cleaning and clean-up as needed.
- Cleans fixtures, equipment, floors, walls, doors, and windows. Dusts and polishes furniture.
- Moves furniture supplies and equipment as needed. Sets up rooms for meetings and events. Cleans walkways and entries to building.
- Works in laundry. Collects, washes, dries, folds and delivers Veteran/Member laundry. Collects soiled linen. Delivers clean linen to the unit linen room; rotates linen accordance with procedures.
- Participates in staff meetings and attends in-service training. Reports need for building and equipment maintenance or repair on work order slips to the Housekeeping Manager/Supervisor. Assists with special projects as assigned by the Manager
- Rules, regulations, policies, procedures or division and work unit.
- Cleaning and sanitizing procedures.
- Cleaning agents and chemical reactions when solutions are mixed.
- Safety procedures.
- Cleaning supplies storage and rotation.
- Verbal and written communication
- Operating powered cleaning/laundry equipment
- Mixing and diluting cleaning solutions
- Prioritize time and task.
- Understand Instructions
- Current Negative Tb skin test (Mantoux skin test) within the last 6 months or a written statement from a physician, physician’s assistant or a registered nurse practitioner indicating freedom from tuberculosis, if in the past has had a positive skin test or tuberculosis.
- Requires the ability to obtain and retain a valid AZ DPS Fingerprint Clearance Card
The Arizona Department of Administration offers a comprehensive benefits package to include:
• Sick leave
• Vacation with 10 paid holidays per year
• Health and dental insurance
• Retirement plan
• Life insurance and long-term disability insurance
• Optional employee benefits include short-term disability insurance, deferred compensation plans, and supplemental life insurance
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
Positions in this classification participate in the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS).
Please note, enrollment eligibility will become effective after 27 weeks of employment.
If you have any questions please feel free to contact us at email@example.com or 602.781.7032 for assistance.
ARIZONA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (AMS)
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results.
State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service.
Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.