ADEQ Human Potential Office is seeking a SR. Human Analyst to join our team. You will be joining a team of dedicated human resources professionals who loves what they do and enjoy partnering with our hiring managers to ensure we are hiring the right talent. As the HR Analyst Senior, Recruiter, you will research, develop, and implement effective recruiting and staffing strategies to attract a diverse pool of qualified and capable talent for ADEQ. The ideal candidate for this role must be versatile, have a sense of urgency, the ability to multi-task and can switch gears quickly. This is a flexible position with the option to work virtually within Arizona.
• Develops and implements all phases of the recruitment process.
• Identifies and implements efficient and effective recruiting methods and strategies based on the available role and the needs to the agency.
• Collaborates with hiring managers to identify and draft detailed and accurate job descriptions and hiring criteria.
• Creates job announcements, and post positions in PageUp (ATS).
• Provides counsel, direction, and information to management, supervisors, and employees pertaining to recruitment and selection.
• Screens resumes, contacts candidates as needed, reviews interview questions and assists hiring managers throughout the recruitment process.
• Extend offers, generates offer letters, tracks and closes requisitions
• Network with internal and external sources to develop strategies for current and future recruitment needs; utilizes effective techniques for hard to fill and specialized positions, including cold calling/outreach, job boards, social media,
• Attends job fairs and networking events
• Skills in leveraging recruiting channels including internal and external job resources, social media, employee referral, lead generation sources, alumni networks, professional associations, and conferences and events; independent problem solving, analyzing, and decision-making for complex issues.
• Skills in prioritizing and completing tasks; research and analytical skills; composing job announcements and advertisements.
• Ability to lead and drive hiring initiatives; establish and maintain effective working relationships; communicate accurate information to customers both verbally and in writing; prepare written correspondence and reports; effectively manage multiple and changing priorities; work independently or as part of a team; take initiative; resolve customer complaints and/or inquiries accurately and timely; be highly resourceful; self-motivated; maintain confidentiality.
• Knowledge of modern principles and practices of human resources and administration including methods and techniques for recruitment and selection, interviewing, position classification evaluation, and compensation; applicable human resources statistical concepts and methods; conflict resolution as it relates to customer relations.
• Bachelor's in Human Resources, Business Administration, Personnel Management; three years recruiting experience; Professional HR Certification preferred.
• Excellent oral and written communication skill; strong interpersonal, phone and customer service skills.
Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are:
· 10 paid holidays per year
· Accrual of sick and annual leave beginning at 12 and 13 days per year respectively for full-time employees
· A top-ranked retirement program with lifetime pension benefits
· A robust and affordable insurance plan to include medical, dental, life, short-term and long-term disability
· An incentivized commuter club and public transportation subsidy program
· We promote the importance of work/life balance by offering workplace flexibility
· We offer a variety of learning and career development opportunities
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
ASRS Lifetime Pension Benefits
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by contacting HPO@azdeq.gov.
Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.
ARIZONA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (AMS)
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results.
State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service.
The State of Arizona is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.