This position analyzes, verifies, and performs accurate input of employee personnel actions into the Human Resources Information Solution (HRIS) in accordance with the Arizona Department of Administration (ADOA) Personnel Rules.
- Prepares, reviews and verifies salary actions, new hires, promotions, transfers, demotions, etc. and keys into HRIS timely
- Works with HR liaisons to resolve any issues or discrepancies
- Conducts new employee orientation bi-weekly
- Ensures necessary employee performance appraisals are completed prior to processing actions
- Coordinates the completion of employee evaluation with liaisons
- Provides training and guidance to HR liaisons
- Generates reports from HRIS; audits keyed actions
- Travels on State business
- Performs other duties appropriate to the assignment
- Office practices and procedures at a professional level
- Microsoft Office Suite: Word, PowerPoint, Excel, SharePoint
- Business English to include proper sentence and punctuation
- Verbal and written communication
- Establishing and maintaining interpersonal relationships
- Examining a variety of personnel documents for accuracy and processing
- Organization (high volume of documents and materials)
- Applying and explaining general laws, rules, regulations, policies and procedures
- Researching, analytical and problem solving
- Time management
- Decision making
- Learn and communicate with the various HR office contacts throughout the state
- Become familiar, use and complete a variety of HR documents
- Respond to wide range of personnel inquiries and situations with accuracy and diplomacy
- Identify and implement process improvement solutions
- Two (2) years of work experience in a human resources office
- Experience using LEAN principles
- Must be able to secure and maintain clearance from the DCS Central Registry.
- Employment is contingent on the selected applicant passing a background investigation.
As an employee of the Department of Child Safety you will be entitled to a comprehensive benefits package that can become effective as soon as two weeks after starting!
- Paid sick leave.
- Paid vacation that includes ten (10) holidays per year.
- Competitive health and dental insurance plans.
- Life insurance and long-term disability insurance.
We also offer optional employee benefits that include:
- Vision coverage.
- Short-term disability insurance.
- Deferred compensation plans.
- Supplemental life insurance.
- Employee wellness plans
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
Positions in this classification participate in the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS).
Enrollment eligibility will become effective after 27 weeks of employment.
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by contacting 602-255-2903. Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.
ARIZONA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (AMS)
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results.
State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service.
The State of Arizona is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.