The Arizona Department of Corrections, Rehabilitation & Reentry (ADCRR) is seeking an experienced and highly motivated individual to join our team as a Human Resources (HR) Analyst. This position supports the Human Resources Liaison with a wide range of personnel-related duties specifically for the ASPC-Douglas and ASPC-Safford.
- Provides customer service to employees regarding HR-related inquires, including deposits, taxes, benefits, promotional, and transfer opportunities
- Researches and prepares Human Resources Information System (HRIS) input documents on a variety of employee personnel actions such as new hires, promotions, resignations, demotions, transfers, audit actions, reconciling HRIS entries for accuracy, etc.
- Conducts new hire and lateral transfer in-processing, consisting of reviewing all new hire and lateral transfer mandated forms and informing new staff of employee benefit options
- Ensures E-Verify are completed timely
- Assists with and verifies that completion of background questionnaires, coordination of fingerprints, and the submission of all completed background packets are sent to the appropriate location
- Processes ID requests, creates contractor/volunteer files, tracks ID expiration dates, updates log for monthly reporting, etc.
- Utilizes a variety of computer programs and software daily, including HRIS, Microsoft Office Suite, and Google Suite
- Produces and researches the HRIS Status Term Report sending regular notices out to the units of upcoming status term dates for employee performance evaluations
- Creates input documents and submits to HR Operations Central Office for processing and filing
- Creates Institution HR and Benefits Files for all newly hired staff
- Files all incoming HR, benefits, and related actions and documentation
- Travels/Drives on State business
- Performs other duties appropriate to the assignment
- HRIS and PageUp or comparable web-based programs
- Microsoft Office Suite and Google Suite
- Human Resources practices and procedures in a governmental capacity
- Written and verbal communication
- Data entry
- Time management
- Decision making and crisis management
- Customer service
- Communicate effectively with both internal and external customers
- Prioritize daily routine work and special assignments
- Learn Arizona Department of Administration (ADOA) personnel rules
- ADCRR policies
- HR operations procedures
- Work in a prison environment
- Travel on State business
- Experience with Arizona State Government employment and benefits
Requires possession of, and ability to retain a current, valid state-issued driver’s license appropriate to the assignment. Employees who drive on state business are subject to driver’s license record checks, must maintain acceptable driving records, and must complete any required driver training (see Arizona Administrative Code R2-10-207.12).
Employment is contingent on the selected applicant passing a background investigation.
We offer an excellent and affordable comprehensive benefits package to meet the needs of our employees:
- Vacation and sick days with 10 paid holidays per year
- Robust and affordable insurance plan to include medical, dental, life, short-term and long-term disability options
- Exceptional retirement program
- Optional employee benefits such as deferred compensation plans, credit union membership, and a wellness program
- An incentivized commuter club and public transportation subsidy program
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
Positions in this classification participate in the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS).
Enrollment eligibility will become effective after 27 weeks of employment.
Current ADCRR Employees: Consult with your respective Human Resources Liaison if you are in a different retirement plan than the one indicated above.
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by contacting 602-255-2430.
Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.
ARIZONA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (AMS)
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results.
State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service.
The State of Arizona is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.