Position is responsible for various tasks involving the full life cycle of the recruitment process. Position will provide technical assistance to multiple departments across the agency, establishing and maintaining relationships with hiring managers to identify staffing needs and develop strategic plans to ensure recruitment efforts are successful.
● Confers and collaborates with the hiring authority to develop and implement the most effective recruitment plan and ensure recruitment timelines and goals are met. Composes job announcements, advertises vacancies, reviews resumes, conducts professional reference checks and facilitates new employee orientation.
● Assists Senior Analyst in updating, maintaining and auditing internal recruitment folders, position descriptions (PD), and other HR electronic files.
● Processes and completes all HRIS data entry. Responsible for ensuring HRIS data entry quality assurance through the regular auditing of data entry records.
● Assists in the research and preparation of related statistical and salary analysis and reports for, inequity reviews, promotions, reallocations, special assignments, lateral transfers and in-grade adjustments. Provides preliminary reviews and makes recommendations to senior analyst.
● Participates in Job Fairs. Coordinates with Senior Analyst to research and build relationships with internal and external partners to identify solutions for attracting candidates.
• Basic principles and practices of management and administration; federal, state, and department rules, policies, and applicable employment/labor laws Including but not limited to FMLA, FLSA, COBRA, EEO, HIPPA. and USERRA
• Basic principles and practices of human resources management, benefits administration, and employee training.
• Developing and implementing recruitment strategies.
• Office equipment and their uses/functions.
• Computer software programs such as Google Office Suite, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
• Establishing and maintaining effective interpersonal relationships.
• Research and analyzing documentation to determine proper action required.
• Communicating effectively both orally and in writing.
• Conflict resolution.
• Use of databases to input, track and retrieve information and provide reports as requested.
• Prioritizing work to achieve maximum results and quality output.
• Organizing files/folders for ease in retrieving documentation or guiding others to useful resources.
• Providing excellent customer service to all levels within the organization.
• Managing workload, multi-tasking and using resources efficiently and effectively.
• Establish priorities and complete actions timely and accurately.
• Work in a fast-paced environment and change work agenda/priorities frequently.
• Communicate effectively with all levels of personnel within and outside of the organization.
• Interact with a wide variety of entities and stakeholders.
• Interpret policies and procedures clearly and assure content is understood.
• Monitor, track and follow up on action items.
• Maintain confidentiality regarding medical records/documents.
Desired qualifications include any combination of experience, education, and training that meets the knowledge, skills, and abilities as described. Preferred candidate will have three years of experience in professional personnel work and/or full cycle recruitment. A Bachelor's degree in Personnel Management or a closely related field may substitute for one year of the professional personnel work experience.
Special Job Requirements:
• Must be able to obtain and maintain a valid State of Arizona driver’s license. Employees who drive on state business are subject to driver's license record checks, must maintain acceptable driving records and must complete any required driver training (see Arizona Administrative Code R2-10-207.12.)
• In-State travel is required.
• Individual is required to pass a criminal background investigation.
The Arizona Department of Administration offers a comprehensive benefits package to include:
Vacation with 10 paid holidays per year
Health and dental insurance
Life insurance and long-term disability insurance
Optional employee benefits include short-term disability insurance, deferred compensation plans, and supplemental life insurance
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
Eligible DEMA employees participate in excellent retirement programs provided by the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS) and for fire personnel the Public Safety Personnel Retirement System (PSPRS).
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact email@example.com.
DEMA is a smoke-free work environment.
The State of Arizona is an Equal Opportunity and Reasonable Accommodation Employer
ARIZONA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (AMS)
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results.
State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service.
The State of Arizona is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.