A Career in Public Service Awaits You, Come Join our Human Resources Team!
Your Talent, Our Mission: To promote, protect, and improve the health and wellness of individuals and communities in Arizona.
What You'll Do:
The HR Recruiter/Careers & Internships will liaise closely with our Professional Development & Community Engagement team in communicating with hiring managers regarding internship announcements, screening of applicants, quality of hiring lists referred to hiring managers. You will provide professional-level human resources services to all DHS divisions. This position is responsible for networking with internal and external sources to ensure strategies for current and future needs are developed and implemented. This includes utilizing effective techniques for hard-to-fill and specialized positions utilizing non-traditional methods and techniques. This includes cold calling/outreach, utilizing job boards such as Handshake and/or specific University job sites, develop and maintain relationships with local colleges and their career center employees to help source a broader group of viable intern applicants. Additionally, you will participate in campus recruiting events, employment job fairs, and networking events.
-Provides full-lifecycle recruitment strategies; creates job requisitions, compose job announcements, evaluates resumes, contact candidates as needed: attend job fairs; review interview questions; monitor, track and close requisitions. Assist with employment references, transcripts, and credentials. Reviews employment applications and hire packet information. Prepare statistical recruitment and salary analysis reports.
-Network with internal and external sources to develop strategies for current and future recruitment needs; utilize effective techniques for hard-to-fill and specialized positions, including cold calling/outreach, job boards, job fairs.
-Act as a business partner with hiring managers to develop strategies and understand the needs and barriers of filling positions. Provides technical advice, direction, information to management, supervisors, employees pertaining to recruitment and selection.
-Participates in Arizona Management System (AMS) initiatives and applies the concepts to the function. Develop and recommends Standard Work for HR processes. Identifies continuous improvement opportunities to contribute to customers' expectations and the HR team. Ensure effective measures to demonstrate continuous performance and efficiency progress.
-Reviews the I-9 management system to ensure that the new employees submit I-9 documents within the required time frame. Enters employer's section of I-9 information into the compliance system. Monitors /system/entries for problems or issues.
- Principals and practices of human resources management and administration.
- Federal, state, and department rules, policies, and applicable employment laws.
- Research and data analysis methods and techniques.
- PageUp or Applicant Tracking Systems.
- Applicable human resources statistical concepts and methods.
- Methods and techniques for recruitment and selection, interviewing, testing, pre-employment testing, checking employment references, transcripts/credentials, and developing and implementing recruitment strategies.
- Position classification /compensation and evaluation.
- Conflict resolution as it relates to customer relations.
- Performance Management (PM), Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI), and Lean methodologies.
- Leadership, interpersonal relationships.
- Composing job announcements and advertisements.
- Analyze and evaluate resumes/curriculum vitae and job applications.
- Working with Applicant Tracking Systems.
- Dealing diplomatically and interacting professionally with a variety of individuals.
- Communicate accurate information to customers and staff members both verbally and in writing.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; oral and written communication; phone skills and customers service.
- Leveraging recruiting channels including internal and external job resources, social media, employee referral, lead generation sources, independent problem solving, analyzing, and decision-making for complex issues.
- Prioritizing and completing tasks.
- Prepare clear and concise reports.
- Research and analytical skills.
- Various computer software programs (Microsoft Office applications, Google, HRIS, Internet applications, etc.).
- Lead and drive hiring initiatives.
- Interpret Human Resources policies and procedures.
- Effectively manage multiple and changing priorities.
- Working independently or as part of a team.
- Take the initiative.
- Resolve customer complaints and/or inquiries accurately and timely.
- Be highly resourceful; self-motivated.
- Conduct presentations and public speaking.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Support a diverse multi-cultural workforce that reflects the community, promotes equal opportunity at all levels of public employment, and creates an inclusive work environment that enables all individuals to perform to their fullest potential free from discrimination.
Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or related discipline; and/or five years recruiting experience; and/or knowledge acquired through HR certification (i.e., PHR or SPHR).
Employees who drive on state business require possession of and the ability to retain a current, valid state-issued driver’s license appropriate to the assignment. Employees who drive on state business are subject to driver’s license checks, must maintain acceptable driving records, and must complete any driver training (See Arizona Administrative Code R2-10-207.11).
The State of Arizona provides an excellent comprehensive benefits package including:
− Affordable medical and dental insurance plans
− Paid vacation and sick time
− 10 paid holidays per year
− Wellness program and plans
− Life insurance
− Short/long-term disability insurance
− Defined retirement plan
− Award-winning Infant at Work program
− Credit union membership
− Transit subsidy
− ADHS Student Assistance Pilot Program
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
To help you build a financially secure future, the State makes monthly contributions to finance your retirement benefit. The State will make a contribution to the ASRS in an amount equal to your contribution. In other words, you and the State will each pay 50% of the total cost of the benefit. New State employees have a 27 week wait period for contributions to begin.
Arizona State Government is an EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer. Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by calling (602) 542-1085. Requests should be made as early as possible to allow sufficient time to arrange the accommodation. DHS is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All newly hired employees will be subject to E-Verify Employment Eligibility Verification.
ARIZONA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (AMS)
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results.
State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service.
The State of Arizona is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.