1600 W. Monroe Street, Phoenix, AZ 85007
Essential duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Drives, develops and communicates effectively with management to execute staffing needs, plans and activities to hire qualified individuals.
· Develops and implements various strategies for classification and compensation processes.
· Implements strategies to enhance the participation and enhancement of benefit related matters.
· Implements and participates in employee recognition initiatives and strategies.
· Develop training programs and activities for employees and management.
· Recommends and drives process improvement initiatives.
· Interprets and explains policies, rules and regulations to employees and management.
· Principles and practices human resources/personnel administration including methods and techniques for position classification and evaluation, compensation, recruitment, and benefits.
· Employment laws, rules regulations, policies and procedures pertaining to personnel administration and employee relations.
· Arizona State Personnel System Rules and department policies and procedures.
· Human Resources statistical concepts and methods.
· Computer application used for HRIS reporting and personnel transactions.
· Establish and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of agency employees.
· Interpreting and understanding program policies and procedures.
· Project planning, organization, management and communication.
· Communication effectively orally and in writing.
· Gather, correlate, and analyze facts of human resources data and develop recommendations and/or solutions.
· Prepare written correspondence and reports.
· Exercise judgment and discretion in the performance of duties.
· Organizing and prioritizing fluctuating workloads.
· Researching, analyzing and interpreting rules, regulations and laws.
· Independent problem solving, analyzing, and decision-making skills for complex issues.
· Exercise independent thinking and judgment.
· Work with minimal supervision.
· Assess operational needs, establish priorities, and analyze complex issues and implement operational procedures.
· Learn and apply LEAN concepts, principles and tools used to create and deliver perspectives with fewest resources with continuous problem solving.
The ideal candidate for this position will have:
· 2 years of experience in human resources administration
· Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource, Business Administration, Personnel Management or a closely related field from accredited college or university.
· Professional HR Certification, PHR/SHRM-CP.
· Experience with LEAN concepts, principles and tools.
Candidates for this position will be required to submit Tax Filing Records, Employment Verification Check and Fingerprints that will be used to check criminal history records from the Arizona Department of Public Safety (DPS) and the Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI).
The State of Arizona provides a world classcomprehensive benefits package including:
· Holidays – 10 paid per year. SickLeave – 12 days per year. No accrual or carryover limits.
· A robust and affordableinsurance plan that includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance,short-term and long-term disability options.
· A top ranked Arizona StateRetirement System (ASRS) with 100% employer matched contributions (Enrollment eligibility will be effective after 27 weeks of employment).
· Up to $5,250 for tuition reimbursement available to seek further career advancement or certification in Continuing Professional Education.
· Work-life balance and additional options for life betterment such as the Infant at Work Program,Alternate Work Schedule and Telework opportunity.
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
A top ranked Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS) with 100% employer matched contributions (Enrollment eligibility will be effective after 27 weeks of employment).
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by contacting 602-716-6950.
Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.
ARIZONA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (AMS)
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results.
State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service.
Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.