The Arizona Department of Corrections, Rehabilitation & Reentry (ADCRR) is seeking an experienced and highly motived individual to join our Team as a Human Resources Technician. This rewarding position offers an opportunity to function as an advocate for applicants navigating throughout the recruitment process. Job duties include frequent follow-ups and one-on-one interaction with candidates awaiting the next steps in the hiring process.
- Follows up daily with applicants by telephone or electronic communication to obtain necessary hiring documentation
- Assists applicants in acquiring documents
- Refers and schedules applicants for each step of the recruitment process
- Composes correspondence to applicants on a variety of subjects concerning the area of responsibility
- Assists with reception duties, recruitment processes, and testing processes as required
- Answers applicants’ questions and concerns
- Maintains a daily log of interactions with applicants and inputs information in the Recruitment Unit for Selection and Hire Hiring System (HS)
- Assists applicants in ensuring paperwork is complete
- Drive on State business
- Performs other duties appropriate to the assignment
- Basic personnel procedures
- Personal computers and associated software including Microsoft Office Suite and Google Suites
- Business correspondence including proper format, spelling, and language usage
- Written and verbal communication
- Organization and time management
- Handling detailed work with accuracy and speed
- Establishing and maintaining interpersonal relationships
- Interpret and apply ADCRR policies and procedures
- Plan, coordinate, analyze and establish priorities
- Develop effective operating procedures
- Function in a fast-paced working environment and meet deadlines with minimal supervision
- Respond to a wide variety of personnel inquiries
- Two (2) years responsible administrative experience or a Bachelor’s degree in a related field
Requires possession of, and ability to retain a current, valid state-issued driver’s license appropriate to the assignment. Employees who drive on state business are subject to driver’s license record checks, must maintain acceptable driving records, and must complete any required driver training (see Arizona Administrative Code R2-10-207.12).
Employment is contingent on the selected applicant passing a background investigation.
We offer an excellent and affordable comprehensive benefits package to meet the needs of our employees:
- Vacation and sick days with 10 paid holidays per year
- Robust and affordable insurance plan to include medical, dental, life, short-term and long-term disability options
- Exceptional retirement program
- Optional employee benefits such as deferred compensation plans, credit union membership, and a wellness program
- An incentivized commuter club and public transportation subsidy program
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
Positions in this classification participate in the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS).
Enrollment eligibility will become effective after 27 weeks of employment.
Current ADCRR Employees: Consult with your respective Human Resources Liaison if you are in a different retirement plan than the one indicated above.
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by contacting 602-255-2430.
Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.
ARIZONA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (AMS)
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results.
State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service.
Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.