Are you a driven, energetic team player motivated to learn cross-functional areas of Human Resources (HR) including Operations, Recruiting, Compensation, Classification, Benefits, and Employee Engagement? If so, come build your HR career in State Service at AHCCCS. This role will coordinate with agency division business partners and support HR Generalists in multiple HR functional areas. There are two (2) positions available.
Major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Assist with onboarding /off boarding processes to include, tracking, preparing and providing new hire packets, communications, facilitating portions of the onboarding presentation, security clearance check scheduling, and I-9 verification.
• Meet, greet, assist, answer inquiries and direct internal and external customers contacting HR.
• Provide office support such as: handling incoming mail and faxes, scheduling conference rooms, maintaining a professional and organized office environment, coordinating and scheduling meetings, preparing presentation materials, and taking meeting notes.
• Managing all aspects of employee personnel files which includes creation and maintenance of files in accordance with State Personnel System rules, daily filing and archiving, leading internal compliance review audits, responding to personnel file review requests, and the organization of files and file room.
• Data entry into the Human Resources Information System (HRIS) of all personnel actions for assigned divisions and pulling and distributing various reports out of the HRIS Data Warehouse
• Oversee unemployment insurance verifications, email communications, Student loan forgiveness and other assigned programs for assigned division staff. Assist with benefits administration, including enrollment, ASRS verification and employee communication. Maintain the HD SharePoint HUB and manage changes as requested.
• Assist HR Generalists with resume review and other various selection efforts.
• Process invoices and maintain the division credit card, including reconciling monthly purchases.
• Procedures and techniques for implementing program policies
• Human Resources terminology
• Conflict resolution as it relates to customer service,
• Google, Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio (or comparable software program)
• Report writing and formatting data
• Coordinating and organizing events
• Directing customer complaints and /or inquiries accurately, courteously, and timely
• Interact professionally with a variety of individuals ranging from front-line supervisors to members of senior management
• Prioritize, plan, analyze, coordinate work activities, communicate accurate information to customers and staff members.
• Accurately enter data into a database
• Multi-task and deal with interruptions throughout the day and maintain workflow
• At least one-year of experience as a Human Resources Tech or Assistant; or a certification or coursework in Human Resources or a related field.
• Two or more years’ experience working as a Human Resources Tech or Assistant and a degree in Human Resources or a related field.
At AHCCCS, we promote the importance of work/life balance by offering workplace flexibility and a variety of learning and career development opportunities. Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are 10 paid holidays per year, accrual of sick and annual leave, affordable medical benefits and participation in the Arizona State Retirement Plan.
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by contacting 602-417-4497.
Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.
ARIZONA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (AMS)
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results.
State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service.
The State of Arizona is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.