JOIN OUR TEAM!!! We are looking for dedicated service oriented people to join our team!
The Arizona Department of Corrections, Rehabilitation & Reentry (ADCRR) is seeking qualified individuals to supervise inmate work crew activities in the community and at ACI sites. This position Is responsible for supervising inmate work while in production in the assigned manufacturing center and will coordinate communication between the designed Regional Operations Manager and the inmate workforce regarding shop production needs.
For further information about the Arizona Correctional Industries visit: https://aci.az.gov/
- Supervises inmate work crew activities
- Coordinates communications between the designated Regional Operations Manager and inmate workforce
- Performs pat, strip, vehicle, and worksite searches
- Reviews work products
- Maintains a clean, safe and secure work environment
- Administers work evaluations
- Performs formal/informal counts
- Exercises disciplinary measures when required
- Maintains control of keys, tools, equipment, restricted products, and confidential information
- Transports inmates to/from work locations
- Drives on State business
- Performs other duties appropriate to the assignment
- Federal, state, and agency laws, rules, and regulations
- Principles and practices of inmate management and supervision
- Problem-solving techniques
- Inventory control
- Search techniques
- Applying laws, rules, regulations, policies, and procedures
- Decision making
- Time management and prioritization
- Leadership and supervision
- Establishing and maintaining interpersonal relationships
- Work in a prison environment
- Work with and supervise inmates
- Maintain security and control of tools, equipment, and confidential information
- Adhere to and enforce department policies and procedures
- Two (2) years of experience as a Correctional Officer, or professional experience in correctional services or criminal justice field
- Candidates that have been separated from State Service for more than two (2) years will require successful completion of a training curriculum upon their assignment to the position
Requires possession of and ability to retain a current, valid state-issued Driver and Commercial Driver’s License appropriate to the assignment with passenger endorsement within 90 days. Employees who drive on state business are subject to driver’s license record checks, must maintain acceptable driving records, and must complete any required driver training (see Arizona Administrative Code R2-10-207.12).
Employment is contingent on the selected applicant passing a background investigation and drug test.
We offer an excellent and affordable comprehensive benefits package to meet the needs of our employees:
- Vacation and sick days with 10 paid holidays per year
- Robust and affordable insurance plan to include medical, dental, life, short-term and long-term disability options
- Exceptional retirement program
- Optional employee benefits such as deferred compensation plans, credit union membership, and a wellness program
- An incentivized commuter club and public transportation subsidy program
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
Positions in this classification participate in the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS).
Enrollment eligibility will become effective after 27 weeks of employment.
Current ADCRR Employees: Consult with your respective Human Resources Liaison if you are in a different retirement plan than the one indicated above.
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by contacting 602-255-2430.
Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.
ARIZONA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (AMS)
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results.
State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service.
The State of Arizona is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.