The Arizona Department of Corrections, Rehabilitation & Reentry (ADCRR) is seeking a qualified individual to monitor the work crew activities with the Arizona Department of Forestry and Fire Management (ADFFM) in the community and at ADFFM work sites. Has delegated authority to properly exercise the duties of the assignment; notifies the supervisor of any emergency/incident/situation, and implements proper security measures.
- Responsible for direct monitoring of ADFFM inmate work crews
- Monitors inmate work crew activities at all the ADFFM work sites
- Performs inmate searches, worksite searches
- Maintains a clean, safe, secure, and orderly work environment at the worksite
- Administers work evaluations and initiates and/or maintains required records, reports, and documentation
- Exercises appropriate disciplinary measures when required
- Maintains control of keys, tools, equipment, restricted products, and confidential information
- Performs period formal and informal counts in accordance with policies and procedures
- Drives on State business
- Performs other duties appropriate to the assignment
- Federal, state, agency laws, rules, regulations, policies, and procedures relevant to the assignment
- Principles and practices of inmate management -
- Problem-solving techniques
- Conflict resolution techniques
- Inventory control
- Search techniques
- Applying laws, rules, regulations, policies, and procedures
- Written and verbal communication
- Establishing and maintaining interpersonal relationships
- Applying problem-solving, conflict resolution, inventory control, and search techniques
- Attention to detail
- Decision making
- Time management and prioritization
- Apply Federal, State, and agency laws, rules, regulations, policies, and procedures governing the duties
- Establish and maintain security, order, and disciplinary measures, work with and monitor inmates
- Maintain security and control of tools, equipment, and confidential information
- Diplomatically and tactfully respond to issues
- Establish and maintain professional working relationships with employees and inmates
- Administer work evaluations, and review work products
- Evaluate documentation for accuracy and completeness
- Conduct various types of searches
- Work independently with minimal supervision
- Make sound decisions
- Adhere to and enforce department policies and procedures
- Provide clear and concise instructions to inmate workers
- Not Applicable
Requires possession of, and ability to retain a current, valid state-issued driver’s license appropriate to the assignment. Employees who drive on state business are subject to driver’s license record checks, must maintain acceptable driving records, and must complete any required driver training (see Arizona Administrative Code R2-10-207.12).
Employment is contingent on the selected applicant passing a background investigation and drug test.
We offer an excellent and affordable comprehensive benefits package to meet the needs of our employees:
- Vacation and sick days with 10 paid holidays per year
- Robust and affordable insurance plan to include medical, dental, life, short-term, and long-term disability options
- Exceptional retirement program
- Optional employee benefits such as deferred compensation plans, credit union membership, and a wellness program
- An incentivized commuter club and public transportation subsidy program
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
Positions in this classification participate in the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS).
Enrollment eligibility will become effective after 27 weeks of employment.
Current ADCRR Employees: Consult with your respective Human Resources Liaison if you are in a different retirement plan than the one indicated above.
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by contacting 602-255-2430.
Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.
ARIZONA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (AMS)
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results.
State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service.
The State of Arizona is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.