LOCATION ALERT: This position is located at the Arizona State Prison Complex - Lewis which is located between Buckeye and Gila Bend; this is 55 miles from central Phoenix.
The Arizona Department of Corrections, Rehabilitation & Reentry (ADCRR) is seeking qualified individuals to supervise inmate work crew activities in the community and at ACI sites. This position Is responsible for supervising inmate work while in production in the assigned manufacturing center and will coordinate communication between the designed Regional Operations Manager and the inmate workforce regarding shop production needs.
- Transports inmates to/from various work locations
- Performs formal/informal inmate counts
- Exercises appropriate disciplinary measures as required
- Maintains control of keys, tools, equipment, restricted products, and confidential information
- Performs various types of searches and counts
- Maintains a clean, safe, and secure environment
- Administers work evaluations and initiates and/or maintains required records, reports, and documentation
- Drives on State business
- Performs other duties appropriate to the assignment
- Problem solving and conflict resolution techniques
- Inventory control
- Search techniques
- Decision making
- Establishing and maintaining interpersonal relationships
- Time management and prioritization
- Attention to detail
- Leadership and supervision
- Written and verbal communication
- Learn and adhere to Federal, state, agency laws, rules, regulations, policies and
procedures relevant to the assignment
- Learn principles and practices of inmate management and supervision
- Work in a prison environment
- Work in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities
- Two years of experience as a Correctional Officer, or professional experience in correctional services or criminal justice field
Requires possession of, and ability to retain a current, valid state-issued Driver and Commercial Driver’s License appropriate to the assignment with passenger endorsement within 90 days. Employees who drive on state business are subject to driver’s license record checks, must maintain acceptable driving records, and must complete any required driver training (see Arizona Administrative Code R2-10-207.12).
Employment is contingent on the selected applicant passing a background investigation and drug test*.
We offer an excellent and affordable comprehensive benefits package to meet the needs of our employees:
- Vacation and sick days with 10 paid holidays per year
- Robust and affordable insurance plan to include medical, dental, life, short-term, and long-term disability options
- Exceptional retirement program
- Optional employee benefits such as deferred compensation plans, credit union membership, and a wellness program
- An incentivized commuter club and public transportation subsidy program
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
Positions in this classification participate in the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS).
Enrollment eligibility will become effective after 27 weeks of employment.
Current ADCRR Employees: Consult with your respective Human Resources Liaison if you are in a different retirement plan than the one indicated above.
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by contacting 602-255-2430.
Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.
ARIZONA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (AMS)
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results.
State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service.
The State of Arizona is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.