The Infrastructure Engineer II provides support, implementation, and design services for Microsoft Active Directory and Windows-based systems across the enterprise, including directory and identity management solutions. Resolves and appropriately completes assigned cases and change requests and acts as an escalation for support issues. Applies new solutions through research and collaboration with team and determines course of action for new application initiatives. Implements new software solutions as required by the business. The core infrastructure technology duties include enterprise Microsoft Active Directory and Windows file services architecture creation and management, global system security and policy configuration, and top-level support for enterprise-wide initiatives.
- Monitors ticketing queue and responds to service requests or incidents. Mentor to Level 1 production support in helping them understand the systems and interdependencies. Document solution knowledge base articles as needed.
- Provides Level 2 production support.
- Generates and validates Active Directory baselines, including validation of documentation. Conducts routine cloud audits to ensure compliance with established standards, policies and configuration guidelines. Verifies Group Policies and other AD security measures are in place and performing as expected.
- Generates processes to ensure appropriate user privileges and access are granted and revoked as needed. Work with the Security team to identify accounts that are high risk for weekly review.
- Monitors performance and proactively identifies uptime issues, making recommendations for eliminating those issues. Actively monitors and publishes the availability plan discussing the ability of the Active Directory/User Authentication to meet the availability requirements of the business.
- Work with Infrastructure teams to make processes more efficient, identify and mitigate risk, be a knowledge resource for brainstorming thoughts and ideas.
- Works with vendors and architects to understand their technology road maps.
- Defines and ensures implementation of data replication and business continuity processes.
- Review Runbooks, process documents, tech sheets, and other items to ensure accuracy and completeness. Review alerting system(s) to ensure timely alerts if issues arise.
• Requires strong knowledge and experience with multiple infrastructure solutions.
• Strong understanding of cloud technology concepts and trends.
• Requires expert knowledge and experience with Active Directory (AD)
• Requires expert knowledge and experience with Azure Active Directory (AAD)
• Requires expert knowledge and experience with Group Policy Objects (GPO)
• Requires expert knowledge and experience with Active Directory Federated Services (ADFS)
• Requires expert knowledge and experience with Certificate Authorities (CA) and Public Key Infrastructure (PKI)
• Requires expert knowledge and experience with Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP)
• Requires expert knowledge and experience with Domain Name Systems (DNS)
• Requires expert knowledge and experience with Distributed File Systems (DFS)
• Requires expert knowledge and experience with Windows Server Operating Systems - 2012 R2, 2016 and 2019.
• Requires strong knowledge and experience with Windows security
• Requires expert knowledge and experience with AD Proxy
• Strong customer service skills.
• Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
• Advanced troubleshooting skills.
• Demonstrated ability to balance, prioritize and organize multiple tasks.
• Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in teams and across organizations.
• Demonstrated ability to synthesize feedback and adjust plans accordingly.
• Demonstrated ability to analyze, diagnose and repair complex infrastructure problems.
• Demonstrated ability to build strong relationships inside and outside the organization.
• Demonstrated ability to develop and write technical documentation.
• Demonstrated ability to install and repair PC hardware and software.
• Demonstrated ability to evaluate and test emerging technologies.
• Demonstrated ability to perform advanced design, maintenance and repair of servers.
• Demonstrated expertise in information system configuration management.
• Demonstrated ability to coordinate cloud operations and troubleshooting with cloud service providers.
• Demonstrated ability to develop cloud operations reports.
• Demonstrated ability to provide oversight of external cloud usage to ensure policy compliance.
• Ability to use Infrastructure As Code (IAC) to configure cloud infrastructure.
• Bachelor’s degree or technical institute degree/certificate or equivalent work experience.
• Typically requires 3-5 years of relevant experience deploying and/or administrating Active Directory
• Relevant certification is preferred.
The ability to secure and maintain a Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card; and the ability to secure and maintain clearance from the DCS Central Registry.
In-state travel is sometimes required. Requires possession of and ability to retain a current, valid state-issued driver’s license appropriate to the assignment. Employees who drive on state business are subject to driver’s license record checks, must maintain acceptable driving records and must complete any required driver training (see Arizona Administrative Code R2-10-207.12.).
BA/BS in Computer Science or related experience.
As an employee of the Department of Child Safety you will be entitled to a comprehensive benefits package that can become effective as soon as two weeks after starting!
- Paid sick leave.
- Paid vacation that includes ten (10) holidays per year.
- Competitive health and dental insurance plans.
- Life insurance and long-term disability insurance.
We also offer optional employee benefits that include:
- Vision coverage.
- Short-term disability insurance.
- Deferred compensation plans.
- Supplemental life insurance.
- Employee wellness plans
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
Positions in this classification participate in the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS).
Enrollment eligibility will become effective after 27 weeks of employment.
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by contacting 602-255-2903.
Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.
ARIZONA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (AMS)
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results.
State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service.
The State of Arizona is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.