The Infrastructure Engineer II configures and monitors cloud management services, transitioning locally hosted infrastructures to the public cloud, deploying and configuring cloud services according to State and agency standards.
This position offers opportunities for:
• Remote Office/Work
• Professional Development and Career Path
• Continued Education and Learning
DCS offers a Bi-Lingual Stipend to all interested and eligible DCS Employees who successfully complete a language proficiency exam. Qualifying employees will receive a $500 annual stipend paid in equal increments.
If you’re good at what you do, you can work anywhere. If you’re the best at what you do, come work at DCS!
- Build technical knowledge of virtual machines and applications operating in Azure IaaS, PaaS and SaaS environments.
- Perform day-to-day operational administration of complex multi-user cloud-based computing systems including user management, audits, patches, and upgrades.
- Daily monitoring of the servers, cloud and applications to ensure full availability and optimum performance. Utilize software tools, basic scripting skills, and logs to monitor system health.
- Manage instances compliant with Arizona cloud infrastructure and services in GovCloud and Commercial environments.
- Support and troubleshoot web applications. This includes deployment of web applications using Public Cloud environments and utilizing application and server logs to identify and resolve issues.
- Support applications hosted in Public Cloud cloud environments, including deployments, patches, security checks, and maintenance.
- Coordinate, schedule and perform software installations to cloud based operating systems, layered software packages, and databases. Upgrade and maintain operating systems and application software on Microsoft Windows (2012 R2, 2019/2022) platforms.
- Track and manage system certificates, privileged accounts, and database passwords.
- Implement and maintain encryption technology (PKI authentication, TLS/SSL and KMS).
- Create and update documentation, including standard operating procedures, administrative instructions, after action reports for system outages, task status updates, and customer reports.
- Set up administrator and service accounts, maintaining system documentation, tuning system performance, troubleshooting, installing system wide software and addressing storage space requirements.
- Make recommendations to integrate new custom and cloud software, coordinate installation and support operations.
- Assist with application integration and troubleshooting in this infrastructure for a complex application environment, including management of dependencies on services, platforms, and other applications within the cloud infrastructure to include use of basic scripting tools.
- Troubleshoot across multiple applications and create run books and playbooks for each event with the necessary escalation paths established.
● Networking concepts and server Virtualization technologies.
● Migration experience with Windows servers to public cloud environments.
● Understanding of IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS infrastructures.
● Cloud Compute Instances, Virtual Networks, Cloud Load Balancers, Cloud Storage, Cloud Database Services.
● Requires strong knowledge and experience with multiple infrastructure solutions.
● Strong understanding of cloud technology concepts and trends.
● Requires expert knowledge and experience with Certificate Authorities (CA) and Public Key Infrastructure (PKI).
● Customer Service, Excellent written and verbal communication.
● Problem-Solving and Administration, Task oriented.
● Initiative driven, and familiar with ITIL Services.
● Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
● Advanced troubleshooting skills.
● Work independently and in a team environment.
● Collaborate with peers on day to day tasks.
● Supports senior staff as required and ensures customer requirements and project milestones are met.
● Interfaces with agency users in both routine and reactive monitoring situations to improve service.
● Demonstrated ability to balance, prioritize and organize multiple tasks.
● Demonstrated ability to coordinate cloud operations and troubleshooting with cloud service providers.
● Demonstrated ability to provide oversight of external cloud usage to ensure policy compliance.
● Ability to use Infrastructure As Code (IAC) to configure cloud infrastructure.
2+ years of hands-on experience provisioning, operating, and maintaining windows instances running on cloud platforms.
At least one entry level / associate level cloud certification - Microsoft Azure Fundamentals, Microsoft Azure Administrator
In-state travel is sometimes required. Requires possession of and ability to retain a current, valid state-issued driver’s license appropriate to the assignment. Employees who drive on state business are subject to driver’s license record checks, must maintain acceptable driving records and must complete any required driver training (see Arizona Administrative Code R2-10-207.12.).
BA/BS in Computer Science or related experience.
The ability to secure and maintain a Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card; and the ability to secure and maintain clearance from the DCS Central Registry.
As an employee of the Department of Child Safety you will be entitled to a comprehensive benefits package that can become effective as soon as two weeks after starting!
- Paid sick leave.
- Paid vacation that includes ten (10) holidays per year.
- Competitive health and dental insurance plans.
- Life insurance and long-term disability insurance.
We also offer optional employee benefits that include:
- Vision coverage.
- Short-term disability insurance.
- Deferred compensation plans.
- Supplemental life insurance.
- Employee wellness plans
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
Positions in this classification participate in the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS).
Enrollment eligibility will become effective after 27 weeks of employment.
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by contacting 602-255-2903.
Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.
ARIZONA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (AMS)
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results.
State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service.
The State of Arizona is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.