The Infrastructure Engineer III leads enterprise base work initiatives and project, develops enhanced production monitoring and additional capability, and defines improvements increased system reliability and performance. The Infrastructure Engineer III will be responsible for supporting multiple systems or applications of medium to highly complex (complexity defined by size, technology used, and system feeds and interfaces) with multiple concurrent users, ensuring control, integrity, and accessibility.
The ideal candidate must have good communication skills and must be able to work collaboratively with clients and other technical colleagues. The Infrastructure Engineer III will work across all functional areas of the Agency and use a strong customer service orientation to ensure that all service requests and incidents are resolved in a professional manner. They share their expertise and provide individual training and support. Infrastructure Engineers will also work with other technical staff and vendors to provide IT services to all customers internal and external.
This position offers opportunities for:
• Remote Office/Work
• Opportunities for Professional Development and Career Path
• Opportunities for Educational and Learning
Child Welfare, IT Project Management, IT Service Delivery, Software Development, DevOps, Microsoft Dynamics, Azure, Python, Computer Science, Scripting, Database, Visualization
Join a winning team...
The Arizona Department of Child Safety (DCS) was recently recognized as a national leader in child welfare technology innovation. DCS received International’s Data Group’s (IDG) prestigious 2018 CIO 100 Award along with international companies such as IBM, Micron Technologies, Verizon, and dozens of other business and technology leaders. DCS received the award after being one of the first child welfare agencies in the nation to overhaul its child welfare operating system, and to implement a secure, cloud-based platform so 1,400 caseworkers can utilize tablets to serve families more efficiently.
Additional recognition and honors:
• Monitors ticketing queue and responds to service requests or incidents.
• Generates and validates IT system baselines, including validation of documentation.
• Conducts routine cloud audits to ensure compliance with established standards, policies and configuration guidelines.
• Ensures IT system security baselines are met and security improvements are implemented across the server environments.
• Generates processes to ensure appropriate user privileges and access are granted, ensuring data integrity and security is met.
• Works across teams to ensure IT system upgrades and service pack deployments are implemented with minimal impact to production operation.
• Recommends updates to operating systems to deliver cost benefits without reducing production performance and availability.
• Analyzes data from monitoring activities and define comprehensive, system wide improvements.
• Monitors performance and proactively identifies uptime issues, making recommendations for eliminating those issues.
• Actively monitors and publishes the availability plan discussing the ability of the IT infrastructure to meet the availability requirements of the business.
• Works with vendors and architects to understand their technology roadmaps.
• Develops plans to adopt new technology.
• Defines and ensures implementation of data replication and business continuity processes.
• Analyzes storage system behavior and baselines to resolve complex IO problems.
• Recommends storage system layouts according to data usage behaviors and criticality.
• Validates and executes disk space provisioning process.
• Requires strong knowledge and experience with multiple infrastructure solutions.
• Strong understanding of cloud technology concepts and trends.
• Strong customer service skills.
• Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
• Expert troubleshooting skills.
• Demonstrated ability to balance, prioritize and organize multiple tasks.
• Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in teams and across organizations.
• Demonstrated ability to synthesize feedback and adjust plans accordingly.
• Demonstrated ability to analyze, diagnose and repair complex infrastructure problems.
• Demonstrated ability to build strong relationships inside and outside the organization.
• Demonstrated ability to develop and write technical documentation.
• Demonstrated ability to install and repair PC hardware and software.
• Demonstrated ability to evaluate and test emerging technologies.
• Demonstrated ability to perform advanced design, maintenance and repair of servers.
• Demonstrated expertise in information system configuration management.
• Demonstrated ability to coordinate cloud operations and troubleshooting with cloud service providers.
• Demonstrated ability to develop cloud operations reports.
• Demonstrated ability to provide oversight of external cloud usage to ensure policy compliance.
• Ability to use Infrastructure As Code (IAC) to configure cloud infrastructure.
• Bachelor’s degree or technical institute degree/certificate or equivalent work experience.
• Typically requires 5 or more years of relevant experience deploying and/or administrating infrastructure solutions
• Relevant certification is preferred.
Must be able to secure and maintain an Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card.
Must be able to secure and maintain clearance from the DCS Central Registry.
Employment is contingent on the selected applicant passing a background investigation.
As an employee of the Department of Child Safety you will be entitled to a comprehensive benefits package that can become effective as soon as two weeks after starting!
- Paid sick leave.
- Paid vacation that includes ten (10) holidays per year.
- Competitive health and dental insurance plans.
- Life insurance and long-term disability insurance.
We also offer optional employee benefits that include:
- Vision coverage.
- Short-term disability insurance.
- Deferred compensation plans.
- Supplemental life insurance.
- Employee wellness plans
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
Positions in this classification participate in the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS). Enrollment eligibility will become effective after 27 weeks of employment.
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by contacting 602-255-2903. Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.
ARIZONA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (AMS)
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results.
State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service.
Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.