We are seeking a talented and engaged intern who wants to develop beyond the classroom. In this role, you will be responsible for reviewing environmental impact of on-site systems. Duties includes, mapping of on-site locations and nitrogen transport and correlating them with wells in public databases.
• Develop a comprehensive state-wide map of nitrogen impact of on-site systems on groundwater
You will bring the following to the internship:
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Knowledge of ArGis Mapping platform
• Basic knowledge in soil and wastewater treatment
• Knowledge of/courses in GIS Mapping and Statistics
• Ability to work with internal and external stakeholders
You will gain the following from this internship:
• Impact of on-site systems on ground water and transport through soil.
• Application of statistical techniques to environmental data sets.
• Intern candidate must be in their Junior or Senior year of a BS/BA or working towards a Masters/PhD program.
• Selective preference will be given to students in Environmental Science, GIS or Statistics
• Candidate must have a GPA of 3.0 or better.
• Candidate must have the right to work in the U.S. without requiring sponsorship.
• Candidate must be at least 18 years old.
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by contacting HPO@azdeq.gov.
Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.
ARIZONA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (AMS)
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results.
State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service.
The State of Arizona is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.