We are seeking a talented and engaged intern who wants to develop beyond the classroom. The intern will work alongside our data analyst for the issuance of EPA (Environmental Protection Agency) ID numbers, create customer guidance documents and review customer applications. You will also attend unit meetings and problem-solving events.
Compensation & Hours:
Compensation is $16.50 per hour, up to 20 hours per week, with no other benefits provided.
It is up to the discretion of the respective school to provide academic credit.
The internship will begin in September 2022. Hours can be adjusted to accommodate class schedules.
Intern Project/Outcome Expected from the Intern:
• Prepare written materials instructing industry users on MyDEQ. This includes FAQs, How to Guides and general program information.
You will bring the following to the internship:
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Knowledge of corporate sustainability
• Knowledge of basic database structure
• Research skills
• Various program ideas and a passion for environmental work
You will gain the following from this internship:
• Knowledge of ADEQ culture and Arizona Management System
• How to manage a project from start to finish in a government setting
• Problem solving skills
• Hands on communication with the regulated community
• Knowledge of hazardous waste regulations and sustainability networks
• How to track metrics from the project
• Intern candidate must be in their Junior or Senior year of a BS/BA or working towards a Masters/PhD program.
• Selective preference will be given to students pursuing a degree in Communication, Public Relations or Environmental Science
• Candidate must have a GPA of 3.0 or better.
• Candidate must have the right to work in the U.S. without requiring sponsorship.
• Candidate must be at least 18 years old.
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by contacting HPO@azdeq.gov.
Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.
ARIZONA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (AMS)
State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service.
The State of Arizona is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.