Assist in creating software test plans, test cases and prepare test data; Execute tests and document test results; work with end users during User Acceptance testing; provide external customer support to myDEQ end users and work with Business Analysts in developing user stories. Remote - must reside in Arizona.
You will bring the following to the internship:
• Programming and data structure knowledge
• Proficient with MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint
• Excellent interpersonal skills to perform in a team environment
• Detail oriented
• Computer Science (or related) major
You will gain the following from the internship:
• Get real world experience working within an Agile Scrum team
• Learn how to create test plans, test cases, generate test data, execute tests and record results
• Learn how to interact with end users by providing support to them and documenting their feedback
• Learn how to write user stories, interact with business partners and software developers
• Intern candidate must be in their junior or senior year of a Bachelor’s degree program or working towards a Masters or PhD
• Candidate should have passed these classes: computer programming, data structures and algorithms, intro to software engineering, computing ethics
• Candidate must have a GPA of 3.0 or higher
• Candidate must attach college transcript with resume to apply
• Candidate must have the right to work in the US without requiring sponsorship
• Candidate must be at least 18 years old
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by contacting HPO@azdeq.gov.
Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.
ARIZONA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (AMS)
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results.
State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service.
Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.