Annual Salary Range $75,000 - $85,000
Closing Date: Open Until Business Needs Are Met
The Arizona State Land Department manages over 10,000 leases, permits, rights of ways, sales and other contracts relating to the management use and disposition of 9.2 million acres of State Trust lands. State Trust lands are lands granted to the State of Arizona pursuant to the federal Enabling Act. The Trust lands are held in Trust for the common public schools and 13 other public institutions. Any use or disposition of Trust lands must benefit the Trust's beneficiaries.
Under the guidance of the CIO, the IT Operations Manager manages a team that is responsible for the support of the Department's IT systems. This team is responsible for responding to help desk tickets and maintaining and updating the Department's technology stack; which includes desktops, laptops, mobile devices, servers, networks and related devices and software configurations. This management position provides leadership, technical expertise and oversight within the IT department. This position works closely with other decision makers to help identify, recommend, develop, implement, and support cost-effective system and infrastructure solutions.
● Manage a team to maintain and update an enterprise IT: Respond to and close help desk tickets, patch systems, replace/update hardware and software, proactively maintain system security, and provision and maintain cloud resources. (35%)
● Work with IT staff to manage multiple projects: identify key metrics, set milestones and timelines, develop communication materials and allocate resources. (15%)
● Manage a team to actively lead multiple projects: identify key metrics, set milestones and timelines, develop communication materials and allocate resources. (15%)
● Advise teams of technical, professional and management staff in the successful fulfillment of IT operations and service delivery commitments. Identifies risks and assists staff in developing mitigation strategies. Escalates critical issues and risks, as appropriate, with suggested courses of action. (15%)
● Applies and positively models the principles, theories, and concepts of the Arizona Management System; identifying meaningful group metrics and adjusting as necessary; leading all continuous improvement activities with courage and humility (i.e. daily group huddles, huddle board updates, problem solving sessions which identify areas for process and quality improvement); successfully adheres to standard work procedures and leader standard work protocols.) Plans and facilitates effective 1:1 Coaching sessions (at least twice monthly) in alignment with Arizona Management System principles. Consistently develops subordinate’s problem-solving skills; facilitating alignment on performance expectations and applying quick course corrections. (15%)
● Other duties as assigned and as related to the position. (5%)
● General Working knowledge of both theoretical and practical aspects of project management;
● General knowledge of the organization’s methodologies and tools;
● General knowledge of the organization's policies and procedures;
● Knowledge / proficiency with Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK)
● Strong customer service skills;
● Strong project management skills;
● Excellent Interpersonal, written and oral communication skills;
● Proficiency in project management skills.
● Demonstrated ability to balance, prioritize and organize multiple tasks;
● Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in teams and across organizations;
● Demonstrated ability to synthesize feedback and adjust plans accordingly;
● Demonstrated ability to build strong relationships with both internal and external customers;
● Demonstrated ability to develop and write technical documentation;
● Demonstrated ability leading team(s) to design solutions for clients;
● Demonstrated ability to establish standard processes and manage performance to achieve key metrics;
● Demonstrated ability to manage small to medium teams.
COVER LETTER REQUIREMENT
A cover letter is required for this position in addition to a complete resume at the time of application. The cover letter should concisely highlight experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities as they relate to the job posting. The cover letter will be used to determine which applicants will advance to the interview phase of the recruitment and selection process.
A Bachelor's or Master's degree in computer science, information systems, business administration or related field; 5 or more years in IT or related business/industry managing IT infrastructure and operations; 2 to 3 years of leadership responsibility managing multiple, cross-functional projects; Proven experience in establishing standard processes and managing/achieving key performance metrics.
● Prior or after interviewing, candidates may be subject to a pre-employment skills assessment.
● Requires possession of and ability to retain a current, valid state-issued driver’s license appropriate to the assignment. Employees who drive on state business are subject to driver’s license record checks, must maintain acceptable driving records and must complete required driver training. (refer to Arizona Administrative Code R2-10-207.12.)
The Arizona Department of Administration offers a comprehensive benefits package to include:
Vacation with 10 paid holidays per year
Health and dental insurance
Life insurance and long-term disability insurance
Optional employee benefits include short-term disability insurance, deferred compensation plans, and supplemental life insurance
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
● Positions in this classification participate in the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS).
● ASRS is a mandatory condition of employment for all employees who meet the eligibility and membership criteria as defined in statute.
● Enrollment eligibility will become effective after 27 weeks of employment
● The current contribution rate is 12.22%
If you have trouble applying for this position, please email HRIShelpdesk@azdoa.gov for assistance.
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by contacting AZSLD Human Resources at 602-542-2629. Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation.
ARIZONA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (AMS)
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results.
State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service.
Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.