The IT Project Manager will assist managing and coordinating the transition of Maintenance and Operations to a Vendor based Maintenance and Operations mode of the core enterprise system deployed on CRM, Cloud Services, ECM, and Digital Signature platforms. The primary focus is on the assisting with the coordination of Guardian system request management for development, support and general Mantenance & Operations sent to the Vendor(s) to perform the requests on behalf of Agency. This includes service level and customer requirements monitoring. The IT Project Manager will act as the liaison between the Agency's customers and the M&O vendors to ensure that all operations tasks and enhancement as well as change and release management requests are properly reviewed, approved processed and implemented in a planned, predictable manner.
This IT Project Manager position requires working directly with business customers at all levels, as well as with Agency Business Analysts, Quality Assurance Analysts, Test and IT resources. It also requires direct interaction with the Vendor and related resources from the Vendor, including Business Analysts, Development, and Quality Assurance teams. The IT Project Manager position requires working with onshore and offshore developers as well as Quality Assurance and Test teams that may be made up of internal and external resources, as well as the any previous vendors that the requirements and tasks had been outsourced to.
In addition to standard Program/Project management functions, the IT Project Manager will be responsible for the continuing coordination of requests with the business units, classification and prioritization of requests for submission to the Vendor for execution. Coordinate and manage planning activities between Agency and Vendor teams. The IT Project Manager position requires the ability to guide teams to resolutions of unscheduled P1 priorities vs already planned work. Participating in planning sessions and Standups, as needed, to ensure proper monitoring and control of program efforts by maintaining records and reports as related to program activities. The IT Project Manager position requires proficiency in hybrid Waterfall/Agile methodologies where methodology may vary with Program aspect. The IT Project Manager should be able to smoothly transition from one methodology to another within the same program as dictated by tasking and schedule.
- General working knowledge of both theoretical and practical aspects of project management.
- General knowledge of the organization’s methodologies and tools.
- General knowledge of the organization’s policies and procedures.
- Proficiency with Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK).
- Proficiency in hybrid Waterfall/Agile methodologies.
- Experience managing to deliverables and milestones: on time/within budget/meeting business needs.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Excellent interpersonal,written and oral communication skills.
- Proficient project management skills.
- Organized and efficient in work processes.
- Strong decision-making process and decision-making skills.
- Negotiation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to balance, prioritize and organize multiple tasks.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in teams and across organizations.
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize feedback and adjust plans accordingly.
- Demonstrated ability to build strong relationships inside and outside the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and write technical documentation.
- Demonstrated ability in leading team(s) to design solutions for clients.
- Ability to manage troubled teams/projects and bring them to success.
- Ability to build and manage interpersonal relationships.
- Ability to translate organization vision into a project vision.
- Ability to keep project moving toward successful completion in face of aggressive schedules and discouraging developments.
Bachelor’s degree plus 3 or more years of experience in project coordination and management (or equivalent experience).
Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) preferred.
The ability to secure and maintain a Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card; and the ability to secure and maintain clearance from the CPS Central Registry.
In-state travel is sometimes required. Requires possession of and ability to retain a current, valid state-issued driver’s license appropriate to the assignment. Employees who drive on state business are subject to driver’s license record checks, must maintain acceptable driving records and must complete any required driver training (see Arizona Administrative Code R2-10-207.12.).
As an employee of the Department of Child Safety you will be entitled to a comprehensive benefits package that can become effective as soon as two weeks after starting!
- Paid sick leave.
- Paid vacation that includes ten (10) holidays per year.
- Competitive health and dental insurance plans.
- Life insurance and long-term disability insurance.
We also offer optional employee benefits that include:
- Vision coverage.
- Short-term disability insurance.
- Deferred compensation plans.
- Supplemental life insurance.
- Employee wellness plans
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
Positions in this classification participate in the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS).
Enrollment eligibility will become effective after 27 weeks of employment.
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by contacting 602-255-2903.
Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.
ARIZONA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (AMS)
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results.
State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service.
The State of Arizona is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.