• Provide coordination and management services to ensure projects meet the Agency's and Stakeholders' standards and requirements
• Participate in the maintenance/support of technical deliverables, update, and maintenance of project schedules and associated project tracking documentation for the Project Management Office (PMO), assists the PMO with intermittent project management, team lead, project and budget assessments, scrum ceremonies, stakeholder communication, project Key Performance Indicator (KPIs)/tracking, and creation/tracking of Memorandum of Agreement (MOAs) across the project portfolio
• Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of requirement gathering, project flow, risk assessment, budget, and estimation
• Coordinates with program owners and stakeholders to determine new project deliverable feasibility, project sizing, and proper documented estimates (budget) of cost for the full business and IT life-cycle
• Assists with PMO financial reporting, manages, and maintains Portfolio review and all other administrative project documentation.
• Ensures and maintains confidentiality, professionalism, and task prioritization
• Local and in-state travel may be required for this position
• Perform technical and administrative duties in support of all projects including project tracking, project evaluation, project reporting, project updates and maintenance
• Coordinate and communicate with project managers and stakeholders to effectively bridge gaps in scheduling, deliverables, reporting and budgets
• Communicates and assists in managing problems/incidents/issues related to projects; manages internal ticketing application administration and facilitation of solutions in response to program area issues
• Assist with various PMO responsibilities including portfolio report origination, budget tracking, project updates, and Sharepoint administration
• Performs intermittent project management duties including but not limited to requirements gathering, project evaluation and right-sizing, project performance, budget and resource allocation, scrum ceremonies, and project reporting
Please note: For those selected for interviews, skills assessments may be administered as part of the interview process.
• General working knowledge of both theoretical and practical aspects of project management
• General knowledge of the organization’s methodologies and tools
• Proficiency with Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK)
• A Bachelor’s degree plus three or more years of experience in project coordination is required
• Outstanding customer service skills
• Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
• Proficient project management skills
• Master multi-tasker with exceptional "big picture" prioritization and organizational skills
• Adapts quickly and effectively to an ever-changing role and work environment
• Key communicator
• Overall team player
• Intermediate to advanced skill in using all Microsoft Suite products
• Balance, prioritize and organize multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
• Work collaboratively in teams and across organizations
• Synthesize feedback and adjust plans accordingly
• Build strong relationships inside and outside the organization
• Develop and write technical documentation
• Leading team(s) to design solutions for clients
• Clearly communicate with program owners and stakeholders
Preference will be given to those applicants with:
• Business Analysts experience
• Arizona State Project Management Certification
• Position requires possession of and ability to retain a current, valid state-issued driver’s license appropriate to the assignment. Employees who drive on state business are subject to driver’s license record checks, must maintain acceptable driving records and must complete any required driver training (see Arizona Administrative Code R2-10-207.12.).
• Offers are contingent upon successful completion of all background and reference checks, required documents and, if applicable, a post-offer medical/physical evaluation.
ADE’s comprehensive benefits package includes:
• Affordable medical, dental, life, and short-term disability insurance plans
• Tuition reimbursement program available for education/professional development advancement
• Hybrid schedule (combination of telework and in-office) may be available for some job roles
• Top ranked retirement and long-term disability plans
• Deferred compensation plan
• Accrued sick leave and vacation leave
• Ten paid holidays per year
• Wellness plans
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
You will be required to participate in the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS) upon your 27th week of employment, subject to waiting period. On or shortly after, your first day of employment you will be provided with enrollment instructions and effective date.
The Arizona Department of Education is an EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer. During all phases of the selection process, people with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation, such as a sign language interpreter, by contacting the ADE Human Resources office at (602) 542-3186 or via e-mail at HumanResourcesGroup@azed.gov.
ARIZONA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (AMS)
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results.
State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service.
The State of Arizona is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.