The Department of Economic Security, Division of Employment and Rehabilitation Services (DERS) plays an integral role in improving Arizona’s workforce by assisting individuals who are unemployed or underemployed, and those with barriers, to prepare for and obtain meaningful employment. DERS supports Arizona employers with recruitment assistance by connecting them to a skilled workforce. We are seeking an experienced and highly motivated individual to join our team as a Lead Childcare Eligibility Specialist with the Childcare Administration (CCA). This position is responsible for:
- Performing a variety of tasks to provide a full range of services to exceptionally difficult and complex cases requiring intensive or exceptional application of judgment and independent decision making of caseloads.
- Providing technical support to ensure staff are in compliance with CCA eligibility rules, policies, standards and processes. Creating, updating and training standard work, processes and procedures.
- Compiling data to update huddle boards; attending and participating in local office meetings and work groups; communicating updates as directed. Collaborating with Unit Supervisor on problem identification and root cause analysis to focus on continuous process improvement efforts.
- Assisting with the training of newly hired Customer Service Representatives (CSRs) and Human Service Specialist IIs (HSS IIs), mentoring, coaching to ensure case accuracy. Supporting experienced HSSII's interpreting and implementation of CCA eligibility policy and procedures, including but not limited to overseeing HSSII's assessment through interviews for intakes.
- Serving as a backup to the Unit Supervisor on an acting temporary or occasional basis by assisting with the supervision of HSSII's and CSR's. Assisting as the point of contact for the office.
- Engaging in and supporting the communication between the Unit Supervisor and HSS II regarding case read findings and ensuring corrections are completed. These quality elements include, but are not limited to, the accuracy of each determination per child care policy and procedures.
- Department policy, State statutes, Federal law and rules pertaining to multiple Child Care eligibility programs; local demographics including community programs and resources which may be of help to clients and providers such as First Things First, Department of Health Services, Department of Child Safety and other Department of Economic Security programs.
- Operating systems: GUIDE, AZCCATS, AZTECS, Google, Work Number, Share-point, and FPUB.
- Mediating, prioritizing, planning and organizing case management activities. Conducting interviews in a time efficient manner while eliciting information needed.
- Listening, communication
- Diffusing hostile or angry customers
- Methods/techniques used for effective case management, including time management, priority setting, and policy controls
- Absorb, interpret and assimilate large quantities of technical written material
- Manipulate computers; operate telephones, vehicles, and other office equipment
- Elicit accurate data from a variety of sources
- Manage multiple responsibilities within time-frames
- Exercise sound judgment within established guidelines
- Adapt to an array of changing priorities, policies, procedures and timelines
Case management experience, direct contact with clients/public assistance, experience in interviewing techniques.
- Successfully complete the Electronic Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify), applicable to all newly hired State employees.
- Successfully pass background and reference checks; employment is contingent upon completion of the above-mentioned process and the agency’s ability to reasonably accommodate any restrictions.
- Employee shall have a valid Level One Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card issued pursuant to Arizona Revised Statute 41-2758.07 in order to work with children or vulnerable adults.
- Candidates for this position shall be subject to a search of both the Child Protective Services Central Registry pursuant to A.R.S. 8-804 and the Adult Protective Services Registry pursuant to A.R.S. 46-459.
- Travel may be required for State business. Employees who drive on state business must complete any required driver training (see Arizona Administrative Code R2-10-207.12.) AND have an acceptable driving record in accordance with DES Fleet Management-Safety Program policy and procedures (DES 1-07-26 & DES 1-07-26-01). Employees may be required to use their own transportation as well as maintaining valid motor vehicle insurance and current Arizona vehicle registration; however, mileage will be reimbursed.
We offer a competitive benefits package that is unmatched by the private sector and a culture that encourages team success and advocates for personal advancement.
-Affordable Health, Dental, Vision and Life and Disability Insurance
-10 holidays per year
-Paid Vacation and Sick time off - start earning it your 1st day
-Eligible to participate in the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (must meet qualifications)
-Contribute to, and participate in the Arizona State Retirement System
-Ride Share and Public Transit Subsidy
-Career Advancement Opportunities
-Opportunity to work remotely (home office) on an ad-hoc basis
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
State employees are required to participate in the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS), the State sponsored retirement contribution plan and the Long-Term Disability (LTD) program after a 27-week waiting period. The ASRS defined benefit plan provides for life-long income upon retirement. You will also have the option to participate in a voluntary deferred compensation program to take advantage of tax-deferred retirement investments.
On, or shortly after, your first day of work, you will be provided with additional information about the available insurance plans, enrollment instructions, submission deadlines and effective dates.
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by contacting 480-737-7516 or emailing email@example.com.
Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.
ARIZONA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (AMS)
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results.
State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service.
Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.