We have an excellent opportunity for a Lean Coach to join our team. In this role, you will facilitate continuous improvement through the use of Lean Tools and Methodologies by participating in projects in all aspects of the agency and working with colleagues and functional leaders in accomplishing project goals. This position will also serve as a resource in process improvement methodologies to lead high visibility projects to ADEQ employees.
• Participate in and lead projects resulting in process improvements and waste reduction.
• Assist in identification, privatization and selection of potential projects in all functional areas of the agency to optimize existing processes for waste reduction and cost control.
• Facilitate project team meetings and provide guidance and support to Project Team Leaders.
• Work with teams to identify problems, analyze information and develop and implement process solutions.
• Identify barriers to success and solicits help from leadership as and when needed.
• Routinely interact with colleagues and projects leaders to ensure that projects are on track.
• Report to OCI Administrator as required on progress of projects.
• Assists in facilitating and conducting training of colleagues and team members in Lean Tools (Standard Work, Kaizen).
• Knowledge of lean tools and principles (Process mapping, Kaizen, Plan/Do/Check/Act cycle)
• Knowledge of strategic planning, quality management and of Six Sigma
• Experience leading Kaizen Improvement (facilitated problem solving and rapid implementation)
• Excellent analytical skills with ability to focus on high-level strategic plan down to detailed tactical project plans
• Strong program and project management skills and excellent organizational skills required
• Ability to promote effective team development and encourage collaboration across the agency,
• Ability to develop strong working relationships with team members, peers, and management at all levels
• Ability to speak to all audiences throughout the organization, understanding the various needs of audience members, and tailoring the message to address their concerns.
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
• Bachelor's degree, preferably in Operations Management, Science or Engineering and at least three years (3) of relevant technical or project management experience
• Valid Arizona Driver License required.
Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are:
· 10 paid holidays per year
· Accrual of sick and annual leave beginning at 12 and 13 days per year respectively for full-time employees
· A top-ranked retirement program with lifetime pension benefits
· A robust and affordable insurance plan to include medical, dental, life, short-term and long-term disability
· An incentivized commuter club and public transportation subsidy program
· We promote the importance of work/life balance by offering workplace flexibility
· We offer a variety of learning and career development opportunities
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
ASRS Lifetime Pension Benefits
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by contacting HPO@azdeq.gov.
Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.
ARIZONA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (AMS)
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results.
State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service.
The State of Arizona is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.