The Office of Administrative Counsel for the Arizona Department of Environmental Quality is seeking applicants for one or more Summer 2022 paid legal internships. These internships are an exciting opportunity for law students to learn how the in-house counsel for the Agency helps drive the ADEQ mission: protecting and enhancing human health and the environment.
Interns will work on legal research, analysis and writing, enforcement case development, rule development including drafting and stakeholder engagement, and standard work development for process improvements. You will have the opportunity to attend a field trip, work with the air, water and waste programs, interact with the Attorney General’s Office, and complete the summer with several polished writing samples and at least one formal presentation before ADEQ leadership. This position pays $20 per hour with an expectation of 40 hours of work per week, for approximately 12 weeks. There may be an opportunity to continue the internship through the academic year.
Come work with a fun team and support ADEQ’s goal to be the number one state in the nation for balanced, leading edge environmental protection through technical and operational excellence and radical simplicity for customers and staff!
Students should have completed courses in:
• Legal Writing and Research
• Constitutional Law
• Civil Procedure
• Environmental Law
• Candidate must be currently enrolled in a JD or LLM program
• Candidate must have a GPA of 3.0 or higher
• Candidate must have the right to work in the US without requiring sponsorship
Please provide a writing sample and a copy of your unofficial transcript
Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are:
· 10 paid holidays per year
· Accrual of sick and annual leave beginning at 12 and 13 days per year respectively for full-time employees
· A top-ranked retirement program with lifetime pension benefits
· A robust and affordable insurance plan to include medical, dental, life, short-term and long-term disability
· An incentivized commuter club and public transportation subsidy program
· We promote the importance of work/life balance by offering workplace flexibility
· We offer a variety of learning and career development opportunities
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
ARIZONA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (AMS)
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results.
State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service.
The State of Arizona is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.