Phoenix, AZ 85007
Currently need to fill 3 positions.
The purpose of this Legal Secretary II position is to provide the necessary administrative support for the Administrative Law Judge (ALJ) Division.
This position is responsible for maintaining the judicial docket in specialized legal areas including Workers’ Compensation and other areas within the jurisdiction of the Industrial Commission. This position is responsible for preparing legal notices, subpoenas, orders and awards, as well as scheduling hearings with multiple parties, maintaining confidential files, organizing and summarizing legal documents and information, composing general correspondence and responding to inquiries regarding the hearing process and applicable procedures. Additionally, this position provides administrative support for ALJ Division reporting by accurately capturing and conveying hearing statistical information.
• Arizona Workers’ Compensation laws, rules and legal principles;
• Legal forms and formats sufficient to prepare orders and decisions and to compose general correspondence;
• General law office or judicial office policies and procedures for legal case management and legal docket management;
• Windows, Google Suite and Word, Excel, computer-based legal case management systems and portals, as well as office equipment such as copiers and transcribers;
• English grammar and usage, in addition to legal and medical terminology sufficient to effectively prepare judicial orders, decisions and correspondence.
• The Arizona Management System (AMS) concepts.
• Organizational skills;
• Typing skills, word processing, and proof reading skills;
• Oral and written communication skills;
• Time management skills;
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Effectively manage projects and meet deadlines;
• Manage a heavy workload with a high level of accuracy and production;
• Review and interpret ALJ Division computer reports; understand laws, rules, policies and procedures;
• Interpret ALJ case management transaction histories and provide guidance on complicated transaction scenarios;
• Effectively and accurately use legal case management computer systems and computer portals;
• Recognize and engage those with different backgrounds, characteristics, and perspectives to bridge gaps in understanding of differing viewpoints, as well as ensuring persons with diverse perspectives are given the opportunity to collaborate and provide input.
Ideal candidates will have:
• Knowledge of Arizona Workers’ Compensation claims processing procedures and the
administrative hearing process.
• Experience with judicial case management systems.
The Industrial Commission of Arizona offers a comprehensive benefits package to include:
Vacation with 10 paid holidays per year
Health and dental insurance
Life insurance and long-term disability insurance
Optional employee benefits include short-term disability insurance, deferred compensation plans, and supplemental life insurance
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
You will be eligible to participate in the state employee health/disability insurance plan, and you are required to participate in the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS). ASRS participation may begin immediately or upon your 27th week of employment. Contributions are matched by the employer.
If you have any questions please feel free to call 602-542-5559 or email HR@azica.gov for assistance.
ARIZONA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (AMS)
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results.
State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service.
Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.