WATER QUALITY DIVISION
As our Legal Specialist, you will perform moderately complex legal analysis to assist with the management of the rule writing process including writing rules; synthesizing information into effective and concise rules; providing legal guidance on rule language and impact; providing testimony related to rules in development; and assisting with planning the rule development strategy. This is a flexible position with options to telework or work remotely within Arizona.
• Assist with review of environmental reports, rules and plans
• Draft and coordinate issuance of environmental regulations
• Make recommendations concerning compliance and legal issues
• Assist with analysis of impacts of new laws and rules
• Correspond professionally and expeditiously with applicants, stakeholders and the public on environmental issues
Knowledge of State and Federal environmental regulations including the Clean Water Act, environmental sciences and research, AZ sources of pollution, best practices for preventing the release of pollutants, environmental research
Knowledge of State and Federal environmental regulations, environmental sciences and research, AZ sources of pollution, best practices for preventing the release of pollutants, environmental research, investigation techniques and statistical analysis, Agency policies and processes
Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are:
· 10 paid holidays per year
· Accrual of sick and annual leave beginning at 12 and 13 days per year respectively for full-time employees
· A top-ranked retirement program with lifetime pension benefits
· Robust and affordable insurance plans to include medical, dental, life, short-term and long-term disability
· An incentivized commuter club and public transportation subsidy program
· We promote the importance of work/life balance by offering workplace flexibility and remote work
· Participation in the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program as applicable
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
ASRS Lifetime Benefit Pension Plan
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by contacting HPO@azdeq.gov.
Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.
ARIZONA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (AMS)
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results.
State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service.
The State of Arizona is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.