This position reports to the Systems Administrator & Cataloging Librarian and supports the daily work of providing both physical and digital access to Research Library resources. The Librarian 1 will assist with the physical processing, cataloging, entering metadata, and digitization of library resources. This position also serves as the backup systems administrator for the integrated library system, as well as back up support of the customer service desk in the Reading Room.
- Support Research Library's various internal digitization projects by using scanning equipment to create digital images of publications, and create appropriate metadata, for uploading to the Arizona Memory Project website.
- Support Research Library's physical collections by assisting with technical processing, and creating copy cataloging records.
- Serve as back up system administrator for the Research Library's integrated library system and back up support of the customer service desk in the Reading Room.
- Other duties as assigned as related to the position.
- Knowledge of library cataloging and metadata standards
- Understanding of digital formats, techniques, Digital asset management systems and equipment
- Knowledge of integrated library systems, SirsiDynix' Symphony preferred
- Skilled with copy cataloging, editing of finding aids, writing metadata
- Skilled with spreadsheets, databases, content management systems, web design tools and online platforms
- Skilled with office computer skills, including Windows, Word and Excel.
- Skilled with basic scanning and digitization techniques.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment with diverse groups of people, including both technical and non-technical staff
- Effective verbal and written communication
- Ability to follow written instructions.
- Ability to perform repetitive tasks.
- Ability to lift up to 30 pounds.
- MLIS degree preferred
- Interest in state government and Arizona history.
Valid Arizona driver's license
The Arizona Department of Administration offers a comprehensive benefits package to include:
Vacation with 10 paid holidays per year
Health and dental insurance
Life insurance and long-term disability insurance
Optional employee benefits include short-term disability insurance, deferred compensation plans, and supplemental life insurance
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
All employees are subject to Arizona State Retirement System contributions.
If you have any questions please feel free to contact Human Resources at email@example.com or 602-541-6170 for assistance.
ARIZONA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (AMS)
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results.
State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service.
The State of Arizona is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.