Under the direction of the SRO Director, this position supervises the licensing and registration section. The manager ensures that the customer service representative properly assists applicants and guides them through the joint tax application process to receive a Transaction Privilege Tax (TPT) License and/or a Withholding Registration. The Licensing Manager ensures all data entered into the Department's Tax Administration System (TAS) is accurate and that all licensing, registration, and bond requirements are met prior to issuing the license and/or registration. The manager assures applications received are processed in a timely manner, that all license fees and monies collected are applied to the appropriate application and/or account.
The Licensing Manager performs assignments that require knowledge of TPT, Withholding, and Bonding Statutes. The Licensing Manager must also have practical experience and professional judgment in the application of basic accounting techniques; such as examining a variety of accounting & financial transactions for completeness, accuracy, and conformance with specific accounting requirements. Positions in this class are also responsible for reconciling reports and financial transactions and identifying apparent inconsistencies or errors; carrying out assigned steps in accounting analysis. Performs other related accounting functions as necessary for the work unit.
The Licensing Manager is responsible for the efficient operation of section activities; for supervision of staff; for section performance and productivity; for development and/or adherence to customer service operations policies, procedures, and performance standards; for staff development and training; to determine training needs of staff; for excellent customer service; approving and implementing actions to resolve customer inquiries, complaints, and administrative problems. Has a high degree of latitude in the interpretation of the law, rules, policies, and procedures. May have signature authority for minor functions within the organization and may approve standard accounting entries for entry onto an automated accounting system.
• Supervise the licensing and registration customer service section and operations. Direct the daily operations of the customer service representatives and license coordinators; Plan, prioritize, and delegate work tasks to ensure the proper functioning of the department; Ensure the necessary resources and tools are available for quality customer service delivery; Identify and address staff training and coaching needs; Assist employee's with
• Balancing daily cash receipts; investigate any overages and shortages; prepare daily bank deposits; prepare and disseminate daily transaction reports; investigate and resolve receipts and/or transactions placed in suspense; investigate and initiate refunds; investigate, reconcile and resolve any outstanding transactions for month-end close.
• Develop and implement policies and procedures; Identify and implement strategies to improve quality of service, productivity, and profitability; Coordinate and manage projects and initiatives; Customer service quality results by studying, evaluating, and re-designing processes; establishing and communicating service and production metrics; monitoring and analyzing results; Implement production, performance, quality, and customer service
• Review customer complaints; track customer complaint resolution; handle complex and escalated customer service issues; resolving problems; completing quality monitoring and audits; identifying customer service trends; determining operation or system improvements; implementing change; disseminate information, instruction, advisories, and new techniques; detecting and diagnosing problems.
• Recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; planning and reviewing compensation and disciplinary actions; enforcing policies and procedures; prepare and complete action plans; Monitor accuracy of reporting and information; Evaluate team performance; manage.
• Other duties as assigned as related to the position.
• Problem resolution techniques; customer service techniques; personnel functions such as hiring/firing, promoting, training, and disciplining staff; methods of developing performance and productivity standards; principles and practices of effective public administration; program rules, regulations, policies, and procedures.
• Customer service operations, policies, procedures, and protocols; all other applicable Arizona Revised Statutes; supervisory principles and techniques; principles and practices of effective leadership; applicable policies, procedures, and practices.
• Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP); working knowledge of the principles, concepts, practices, methods, and techniques of government accounting, internal control structures, and fiscal management.
• Working knowledge of the methods and techniques of automated accounting systems.
• Supervising customer service operations and staff; excellent oral, written and interpersonal communications.
• Determining personnel needs of the units, and responding with appropriate administrative action.
• Developing performance and productivity standards; resolving the most complex customer problems referred by customer service staff; coordinating workflow; bookkeeping/record keeping; and maintaining effective customer service supervision.
• Develop quality program rules, regulations, policies, and procedures for effective customer service operations; provide effective guidance to staff for the effective resolution of customer service issues; maintain effective working relationships; analysis and interpretation of financial and accounting transactions; work techniques required to maintain accounting records through automated accounting systems.
• Possess the ability to apply customer service principles, practices, and theories to real-world business challenges. Ability to Indoctrinate new employees into the customer service culture immediately. Provide comprehensive training programs that make them experts in their field. Emphasize how providing excellent customer service is the cornerstone of your business. Ensure the front-line customer service team is personable, friendly, and knowledgeable. Empower employees to make decisions that lead to customer satisfaction.
• Must possess the ability to communicate well, must be able to analyze and solve customer issues, make sound rational decisions. Must possess the ability to plan and organize and the ability to deal with upset customers and stressful situations.
The State of Arizona provides a world-class comprehensive benefits package including:
· Holidays – 10 paid per year. sick leave – 12 days per year. No accrual or carryover limits.
· A robust and affordable insurance plan that includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability options.
· A top-ranked Arizona StateRetirement System (ASRS) with 100% employer-matched contributions (Enrollment eligibility will be effective after 27 weeks of employment).
· Up to $5,250 for tuition reimbursement available to seek further career advancement or certification in Continuing Professional Education.
· Work-life balance and additional options for life betterment such as the Infant at Work Program, Alternate Work Schedule, and Telework opportunity.
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
ARIZONA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (AMS)
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results.
State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service.
Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.