The Arizona Lottery is looking for a Research Coordinator to manage the strategic development, implementation, and execution of short and long-term research efforts to drive marketing and consumer strategy.
In this role, you will:
• Independently maintain and refine key analytic products that are relied upon by the Marketing & Products Team
• Proactively generate insights based on regular evaluations of the lottery marketplace
• Answer complex ad-hoc questions that arise from internal/external stakeholders
• Work to develop new KPI’s that can be used by the organization and our vendors
• Provide regular reporting of industry trends and happenings to key stakeholders
• Review sales data to develop and distribute content for our many stakeholders on potential product ideas
• Develop detailed project plans to manage the end-to-end project activities, interdependencies, and execution approach
• Define project purpose, clear roles, tasks, milestones, budgets, and measures of success
All Arizona Lottery employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), which is an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results.
Requires Knowledge Of:
• Considerable knowledge of the principles and practices of product marketing and retail sales.
• Ability to properly calculate and plan product needs in order to maximize sales.
• Able to work independently as well as with others as needed for input and feedback.
• Understanding of research, analysis, and market data.
• Knowledge of Google-Suite.
Requires Skills In:
• Skill in the use of software application packages, including, but not limited to Excel, Word, Tableau and PowerPoint
• Comprehensive knowledge of marketing and market research theory, practices, methodologies, and statistics
• Proven experience delivering insights and strategies based on research results
• Comprehensive knowledge of quantitative research practices
• Comprehensive knowledge of qualitative research practices
Requires the Ability To:
• Ability to work under strict deadlines.
• Ability to analyze and evaluate statistical and other data, and draw conclusions based on the data
• Ability to complete time-sensitive planning or projects
• Ability to multi-task with several projects simultaneously
• Ability to troubleshoot and problem-solve
• Bachelor or higher-level college degree in business, marketing or related field is required. MBA in Marketing or Business is preferred.
• Skill in the use of data analytic tools such as Tableau or Power BI
• Previous lottery-industry experience is preferred.
The Arizona Lottery offers a comprehensive benefits package to include:
Vacation with 10 paid holidays per year
Health and dental insurance
Life insurance and long-term disability insurance
Optional employee benefits include short-term disability insurance, deferred compensation plans, and supplemental life insurance
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
If you have any questions please feel free to contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
ARIZONA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (AMS)
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results.
State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service.
The State of Arizona is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.