The Arizona Attorney General’s Office Operations Division/Facilities Planning Section is seeking a Mailroom/Copy Room Assistant. This position will maintain complete coverage in the Facilities Management and Planning Section which will include rotation between copy centers, document scanning, mail room, reception desks and shuttle driving services. Operate duplicating equipment, scanner, binding equipment and DVD/CD duplicating equipment. Operate mailing equipment, compute simple mathematical calculations, sort/deliver mail and the ability to lift up to 50 pounds. Operate a van or small pick-up truck to include refueling and maintain routine service on vehicles. Set up conference room tables and chair. Assist the Facilities Manager in the coordination and monitoring of major assignments, programs, plans and/or projects including but not limited to work orders, equipment moves etc. Regular attendance is required.
• Rotation between copy center, document scanning, mail room, reception desk and shuttle driving services. Operate duplicating equipment, scanner, binding equipment and DVD/CD duplicating equipment. Operate mailing equipment, compute simple mathematical calculations, sort/deliver mail and the ability to lift up to 50 pounds. Operate a car or van to include refueling and maintain routine service on vehicles. Set up conference room tables and chairs.
• Assist the Facilities Manager in the coordination and monitoring of major assignments, programs, plans and/or projects including but not limited to work orders, equipment moves etc.
• Knowledge of department organization and functions of the Office of the Attorney General.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs (I.E. Excel, Word, and Outlook).
• Knowledge of basic office equipment (I.E. Fax, Copiers, Printers, Scanners)
• Knowledge of US Postal rates, rules and regulations.
• Skills in concise and effective written communication.
• Skill in timely, effective and respectful oral communication.
• Skill in relationship building with a widely diverse population.
• Skill in time management and organizational techniques.
• Skills in problem solving
• Ability to multi-task
• Ability to prioritize work assignments and work within a designated time schedule.
• Ability to organize and perform duties independently and with initiative.
• Ability to follow written and oral instructions.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers and office staff at all levels, and establish and maintain courteous, respectful communication with the public.
• Ability to adapt quickly to organizational and personnel changes within the office.
• Must be able to handle a high volume of work and stressful situations.
• Travel is required for this position. A valid Arizona Driver’s License is required, along with consent to have your driving record run periodically.
• All applicants under serious consideration for hire with the Attorney General's Office are required to be fingerprinted by the Office and complete a criminal background check through State and Federal agencies. A job offer cannot be tendered until the candidate has successfully passed the initial background check. Your record does not automatically constitute a bar to employment. Factors such as, but not limited to, age at time of offense and age of offense, as well as the relationship between the offense and the job for which you apply will be taken into account.
The Attorney General's Office offers a comprehensive benefits package to include:
Vacation with 10 paid holidays per year
Health and dental insurance
Life insurance and long-term disability insurance
Optional employee benefits include short-term disability insurance, deferred compensation plans, and supplemental life insurance
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
• Positions in this classification participate in the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS).
• Please note, enrollment eligibility will become effective after 27 weeks of employment.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Human Resources at (602) 542-8056 or email us at email@example.com.
During all phases of the selection process, people with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation by contacting the AG’s Human Resources Office at (602) 542-8056 or via e-mail at HumanResources@azag.gov. The Arizona Office of the Attorney General does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, religion, sexual orientation or age in its programs, activities or in its hiring and employment practices. The following division has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies: Operations Division, 2005 N. Central Ave., Phoenix, AZ 85004, Phone: (602) 542-8056, Fax: (602) 542-8000.
ARIZONA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (AMS)
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results.
State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service.
Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.