The Arizona Department of Revenue is currently seeking a motivated, innovative, and solutions-driven individual to work as our Management Analyst I in the Processing Administration division. The Processing Administration division is responsible for the initial processing of all paper tax returns received by the Department of Revenue.
The Management Analyst I provides administrative, operational, and/or program-specific analysis for the Processing division. The Management Analyst I will actively participate in assisting/developing and maintaining programs, policies, procedures, systems, practices, and operations for the purpose of improving the effectiveness and efficiency of the division and will perform related work as required.
• Monitor ongoing assigned projects and provide support as needed. Identify and prioritize problems division-wide through data gathering and analysis.
• Develop and present reports, surveys, and presentations. Build relationships with all levels of staff and assist with identifying opportunities.
• Assist in the development and implementation of operational policies, procedures and goals; participate in organizational planning; lead, monitor, and support division-specific projects utilizing lean and problem-solving methodologies; utilize tools to take necessary actions to improve results.
• Coach and support division/department expectations as a floor leader. Actively promotes teamwork and customer service with the division. Helps to provide solutions to questions and/or problems, thinking creatively and proactively regarding issues
• Other duties are assigned as related to the position
• Management techniques and team motivation.
• Current business and quality practices/trends and technology.
• Employee development, performance planning, and review.
• AMS principles and deliverables.
• Strong written and oral communication
• Work organization of multiple tasks and accomplishments while ensuring time effectively
• Strong Microsoft software, including Word and Excel and Google Sheets
• Analyzing and developing objectives that support the departments’ goals
• Maintaining a working environment that is open to new ideas.
• Strong interpersonal skills with internal and external customer
• Train employees by sharing technical expertise.
• Analyze and use good judgment in reaching conclusion or decision.
• Work in a team environment.
• Attention to detail.
• Work under pressure.
• Ability to learn and apply LEAN concepts, principles, and tools used to create and deliver perspectives with the fewest resources with continuous problem solving
The ideal candidate for this position will have:
● A Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in Business Administration or Operations Management or a closely related field of study OR on-the-job experience in processing or a fast-paced production environment. Lean certification (Six Sigma, Yellow, Green or Black Belt), Lean or process improvement implementation experience also preferred.
In-state travel may be required. Requires possession of and ability to retain a current, valid state-issued driver's license appropriate to the assignment; Required to obtain and maintain, internal driver course courses (ie., TraCorp).
Candidates for this position will be required to submit Tax Filing Records, Employment Verification Check, and Fingerprints that will be used to check criminal history records from the Arizona Department of Public Safety (DPS) and the Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI).
The State of Arizona provides a world-class comprehensive benefits package including:
· Holidays – 10 paid per year. sick leave – 12 days per year. No accrual or carryover limits.
· A robust and affordable insurance plan that includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability options.
· A top-ranked Arizona StateRetirement System (ASRS) with 100% employer-matched contributions (Enrollment eligibility will be effective after 27 weeks of employment).
· Up to $5,250 for tuition reimbursement available to seek further career advancement or certification in Continuing Professional Education.
· Work-life balance and additional options for life betterment such as the Infant at Work Program, Alternate Work Schedule, and Telework opportunity.
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
A top-ranked Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS) with 100% employer-matched contributions (Enrollment eligibility will be effective after 27 weeks of employment).
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by contacting 602-716-6950.
Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.
ARIZONA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (AMS)
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results.
State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service.
Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.