This position acts as the conduit between the Centers for Disease Control's (CDC) McKesson Vaccine Depot and the Vaccines for Children (VFC) providers, ensuring that appropriate storage and handling protocols are maintained prior to approving a vaccine order for delivery to one of 750+ VFC Program Providers.
Uses the Immunization registry as well as the CDC vaccine tracking system (VTrckS) to track and monitor provider's vaccine orders and returns. Uses ASIIS to analyze the Cold Storage module to review storage unit temperatures and safety to receive new vaccines.
Provides technical assistance to providers incorrectly managing their inventory in the ASIIS Vaccine Order Management System. Researches issues, analyze findings, recommend practical solutions to the providers, and provides technical assistance in the implementation of the solution. Provides back up to the Vaccine Ordering Specialist; orders and ensures distribution of VFC vaccine to 750+ public and private health care providers.
- Facilitates the review of temperature logs and storage and handling practices in preparation for the approval of vaccine orders. Confers with agency staff and VFC/VFA providers statewide to establish and maintain effective, cooperative relationships as necessary to conduct work.
- Review and approval of VFC vaccine and seasonal influenza vaccine orders from providers using the Immunization registry as well as the CDC vaccine tracking system (VTrckS). May provide technical assistance and conduct effectiveness reviews to ensure systems are applied and functioning as designed.
- Monitor annual VFC provider enrollment; ensure the timeliness of submission and completion of re-enrollment documentation for all VFC providers statewide; contact VFC providers who have not met the deadline for re-enrollment to assist them in expediting the process.
- Provide technical assistance and consultation to VFC and VFA providers on all responsibilities of the position, including and not limited to vaccine ordering, returns, transfers, vaccine borrowing, dose accountability, annual provider re-enrollment, etc. Proactively track and monitor vaccine wastage for VFC/VFA providers statewide. Troubleshoot issues related to provider orders and returns.
- Conducts broad scope of program-specific analyses of work processes, procedures, and practices to devise the most effective and efficient methods of accomplishing work—May present recommendations to management and coordinate implementation of process and system improvements.
Bachelor's degree in a related field with one year of management analysis experience or related to the assignment. A Master's degree will substitute for one year of experience.
Employees who drive on state business require possession of and the ability to retain a current, valid state-issued driver’s license appropriate to the assignment. Employees who drive on state business are subject to driver’s license checks, must maintain acceptable driving records, and must complete any driver training (See Arizona Administrative Code R2-10-207.11).
The State of Arizona provides an excellent comprehensive benefits package including:
− Affordable medical and dental insurance plans
− Paid vacation and sick time
− 10 paid holidays per year
− Wellness program and plans
− Life insurance
− Short/long-term disability insurance
− Defined retirement plan
− Award-winning Infant at Work program
− Credit union membership
− Transit subsidy
− ADHS Student Assistance Pilot Program
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page.
To help you build a financially secure future, the State makes monthly contributions to finance your retirement benefit. The State will make a contribution to the ASRS in an amount equal to your contribution. In other words, you and the State will each pay 50% of the total cost of the benefit. New State employees have a 27 week wait period for contributions to begin.
Arizona State Government is an EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer. Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by calling (602) 542-1085. Requests should be made as early as possible to allow sufficient time to arrange the accommodation. DHS is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All newly hired employees will be subject to E-Verify Employment Eligibility Verification.
ARIZONA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (AMS)
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results.
State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service.
Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.