The Division of Business and Finance (DBF) is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as an Management Analyst 3 . This position, from a virtual environment, manages assigned third party recovery programs, IAW federal and state laws, and monitors the TPL Contractor to ensure contract compliance. Major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Conduct ongoing TPL recovery case reviews and evaluations to ensure TPL Contractor compliance with federal and state laws, policies, and procedures in order to make appropriate recoveries.
• Prepare , analyze, and process financial and operational reports generated internally or provided by the TPL Contractor. Perform quality control review of the reports to ensure complete and accurate data. Submit financial reports, invoices, and collection deposits to appropriate AHCCCS financial departments.
• Review and process recommendations by the TPL Contractor by analyzing the AHCCCS members' cases using PMMIS, AHCCCS eligibility systems, and the TPL Contractor's case management system.
• Provide guidance to AHCCCS Contracted Managed Care Organizations, law offices, members and their representatives, and other AHCCCS departments on TPL related matters.
• Recommend decisions for undue hardship reduction requests, partial recovery waivers, and best and final offers for negotiated settlements to the TPL Administrator. Recommend changes to policies and procedures and provide training and technical assistance as needed.
• Healthcare insurance and claims.
• Third-party liability and Medicaid managed care.
• Effective oral and written communication as well as customer service.
• Problem resolution and continuous improvement.
• Research, analyze, and interpret legal documents
• Understand and prepare financial reports
• Evaluate and document contract compliance
• At least four years work experience in insurance, healthcare claims, contract compliance, auditing, or legal environment.
• At least one year experience with a Medicaid agency or Medicaid contractor.
• Proficiency with AHCCCS Prepaid Medical Management Information System (PMMIS).
• Successfully complete the Electronic Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify), applicable to all newly hired State employees.
• Successfully pass fingerprint background check, prior employment verifications and reference checks; employment is contingent upon completion of the above-mentioned process and the agency’s ability to reasonably accommodate any restrictions.
• Travel may be required for State business. Employees who drive on state business must complete any required driver training (see Arizona Administrative Code R2-10-207.12.) AND have an acceptable driving record for the last 39 months including no DUI, suspension or revocations and less than 8 points on your license. If an Out of State Driver License was held within the last 39 months, a copy of your MVR (Motor Vehicle Record) is required prior to driving for State Business. Employees may be required to use their own transportation as well as maintaining valid motor vehicle insurance and current Arizona vehicle registration; however, mileage will be reimbursed.
Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are:
-10 paid holidays per year
-Paid Vacation and Sick time off (12 and 13 days per year respectively) - start earning it your 1st day (prorated for part-time employees)
-A top-ranked retirement program with lifetime pension benefits
-A robust and affordable insurance plan, including medical, dental, life, and disability insurance
-Participation eligibility in the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (must meet qualifications)
-RideShare and Public Transit Subsidy
-A variety of learning and career development opportunities
-Opportunity to work 100% virtually or remotely on an ad-hoc basis (home office)
By providing the option of a full-time or part-time virtual/remote work schedule, employees enjoy improved work/life balance, report higher job satisfaction, and are more productive. Remote work is a management option and not an employee entitlement or right. An agency may terminate a remote work agreement at its discretion.
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
Lifetime Pension Benefit Program
Administered through the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS)
Defined benefit plan that provides for life-long income upon retirement.
Required participation for Long-Term Disability (LTD) and ASRS Retirement plan.
Pre-taxed payroll contributions begin after a 27-week waiting period (prior contributions may waive the waiting period).
Deferred Retirement Compensation Program
Program administered through Nationwide.
Tax-deferred retirement investments through payroll deductions.
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.
ARIZONA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (AMS)
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results.
State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service.
The State of Arizona is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.