The Information Services Division is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as a Senior Systems Administrator. This position will participate in the implementation, support of system design, and administration of AHCCCS systems and infrastructure. In addition to assigned systems/applications, projects and administrative tasks may be assigned as needed. Authority to install, configure, and modify systems and infrastructure are part of the job, with approved change control.
Major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
● Proactively solves complex problems
● Conducts daily traffic analysis, identifies and characterizes incidents, generates incident reports, and investigates suspicious network activity
● Installs, monitors, and directs proactive and reactive computer network defense measures to ensure the availability, integrity, confidentiality and reliability of systems
● Cloud technologies including: AWS, AZURE, Google and OCI; Custom SSL, ciphers, and Elastic Load balancing, performance optimization
● Network and systems administration
● Virtualization technologies, including virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI)
● Unified Endpoint Management (UEM) technologies
● Strong customer service skills
● Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
● Advanced troubleshooting skills
● Strong skills in managing cloud environments
● Demonstrated ability to balance, prioritize, and organize multiple tasks
● Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in teams and across organizations
● Demonstrated ability to synthesize feedback and adjust plans accordingly
● Demonstrated ability to build strong relationships inside and outside the organization
● Demonstrated ability to develop and write technical documentation
● Demonstrated ability to evaluate and test emerging technologies
● Demonstrated ability to perform advanced design, maintenance, and repair of servers.
● Demonstrated expertise in information system configuration management
● Discussing and planning application architectures with cross-functional teams to include; developers, business, technical teams, and third-party vendors.
● Work in a Virtual Office setting
● Bachelor’s degree plus 5 or more years of experience in systems administration (or equivalent experience).
● Certification may substitute for up to 2 years of experience. Certifications or equivalents that would be considered:
● Microsoft 365 Certified: Enterprise Administrator Expert
● Microsoft Certified: Azure Network Engineer Associate
● Microsoft Certified: Identity and Access Administrator Associate
● Microsoft Certified: Azure Security Engineer Associate
● Microsoft Certified: Azure Administrator Associate
● Microsoft Certified: Azure Virtual Desktop Specialty
● MCSA: Windows Server 2016
● MCSA: Windows Server 2012List minimum qualifications from PD here
● 1+ years of Network administration experience
• Successfully complete the Electronic Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify), applicable to all newly hired State employees.
• Successfully pass fingerprint background check, prior employment verifications and reference checks; employment is contingent upon completion of the above-mentioned process and the agency’s ability to reasonably accommodate any restrictions.
Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are:
• 10 paid holidays per year
• Paid Vacation and Sick time off (13 and 12 days per year respectively) - start earning it your 1st day (prorated for part-time employees)
• A top-ranked retirement program with lifetime pension benefits
• A robust and affordable insurance plan, including medical, dental, life, and disability insurance
• Participation eligibility in the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (must meet qualifications)
• RideShare and Public Transit Subsidy
• A variety of learning and career development opportunities
• Opportunity to work 100% virtually or remotely on an ad-hoc basis (home office)
By providing the option of a full-time or part-time virtual/remote work schedule, employees enjoy improved work/life balance, report higher job satisfaction, and are more productive. Remote work is a management option and not an employee entitlement or right. An agency may terminate a remote work agreement at its discretion.
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
Lifetime Pension Benefit Program
• Administered through the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS)
• Defined benefit plan that provides for life-long income upon retirement.
• Required participation for Long-Term Disability (LTD) and ASRS Retirement plan.
• Pre-taxed payroll contributions begin after a 27-week waiting period (prior contributions may waive the waiting period).
Deferred Retirement Compensation Program
• Voluntary participation.
• Program administered through Nationwide.
• Tax-deferred retirement investments through payroll deductions.
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.
ARIZONA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (AMS)
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results.
State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service.
The State of Arizona is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.